Dear Jacek and Dear Ciliate Community,

very, very sad to hear that Martin passed away. Martin was co-organizer,
together with Peter Bruns, of the International Conference on Ciliate
Molecular Genetics at Cold Spring Harbor, in May of 1984. I always feel
extremely grateful to Martin for the invitation to attend this conference
(pioneer of the series of Gordon and Faseb meetings on ciliate molecular
biology), which was decisive for turning my major research interest on the
molecular basis of ciliate life.
My condolences to Martin's family.
Piero  Luporini