From: Ciliate Molecular Biology <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Jacek Gaertig <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 10:53 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Marty Gorovsky

Dear Ciliate Researchers:

I am forwarding very sad news from Jody Bowen about the passing away of Marty Gorovsky. His studies led to many fundamental contributions in cell and molecular biology based on ciliate models, including groundbreaking discoveries on chromatin and genome organization. I had an honor and privilege to be among his many trainees. Marty was a wonderful mentor. It is a huge loss to our community.

Jacek Gaertig

Begin forwarded message: