From: Ciliate Molecular Biology <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Suzanne Lee <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 11:31 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: Marty Gorovsky

Dear Jacek, Jody, Kathy and others,

I am so sad to hear this.  I remember meeting Marty when I helped host him on a visit at Berkeley while I was a trainee in the Collins lab. On that visit, Marty asked probing scientific questions about my projects while also expressing enthusiasm and support. His support continued through generously sending strains, discussing scientific ideas over email, and writing letters to support my post doc fellowships. Just last year, Marty emailed me in response to a technical question I posed on this listserv, with helpful assistance and a big dose of encouragement for continuing work in our field.

I’m grateful that I had the opportunity to meet Marty. My condolences to his family.

Best wishes,
Suzanne

--
Suzanne R. Lee, Ph.D