Ag Teachers,

We’ve made it! October is officially behind us. Thank you for all that you did to provide opportunities at the Georgia National Fair, Sunbelt Ag Expo and National FFA Convention, on top of each local event and activity throughout the month of October.

I’m very proud to report that the Georgia FFA had a very successful trip to the 92nd National FFA Convention. Attached are two documents that I hope you will pay attention to. First is a press release highlighting the success of our state’s students and chapters, and the second is a tally sheet that list all competitors and their placing/ranking. For those who were not able to attend or watch online, it was very impressive to see our Georgia young people recognized so often on the big stage in Lucas Oil Stadium. We came home with 16 National Winners, including an American Star, 5 proficiency awards, 2 CDEs, 7 Agriscience Fair and the Outstanding Middle School chapter. We also had several more top 5 finishes. Couple that with the largest class of American Degree recipients our state has ever had, and it was a very successful trip to Indianapolis.

Thank you to those who took students to Indy. I hope that you know that memories they made and the experiences they had were absolutely worth the miles driven, logistics sweated over, and hassle of taking young people so far from home for a week. Like many of you, I can vividly remember the trips I made to Kansas City with my FFA advisor for the National Convention. We didn’t win any national awards, or “accomplish” anything to write home about, but those trips changed my life for the better. You make a difference every day, and last week was something those students will remember for years to come. Thank you is not enough!

Have a blessed day, and enjoy the lead in to the coming holiday season. I appreciate each of you.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA