Ag teachers,

Happy Monday. I hope that each of you had a blessed and happy weekend. This past Saturday the state FFA Meats Evaluation CDE was held at the University of Georgia. I am very grateful to Dr. Dean Pringle, Dr. Francis Fluharty, and all of the UGA Animal & Dairy Science faculty for their support in coordination of the CDE. We are blessed to have a such wonderful partnership.

Another big Thank You goes to state Ag Education staff members Mr. Ricky Wheeler, Mr. Kent Benson and Mr. Todd Claxton for their effort as Superintendents of the Meats Evaluation CDE and to Mrs. Trisha Lastly for assisting.

The results are considered official, and a complete score summary is attached.

SENIOR DIVISION

1st place team – Perry (Advisor: Mr. Kyle Dekle)
2nd place team – Veterans (Advisor: Mr. Jeffrey Wilson)
3rd place team – Portal (Advisor: Dr. Tom Marshall)

1st place individual – Hana Darley (Veterans)
2nd place individual – William Woods (Perry)
3rd place individual – Natalie Wisekal (Perry)

JUNIOR DIVISION

1st place team – Screven County (Advisor: Mrs. Nancy Sell)
2nd place team – Veterans (Advisor: Mr. Jeffrey Wilson)
3rd place team – Perry (Advisor: Mr. Kyle Dekle)

1st place individual – Robin Hargett (Veterans)
2nd place individual – Alaine Breaux (Perry)
3rd place individual – Brock Titus (Gilmer County)

Congratulations to these, and all teams of students who competed in the 2019 Meats Evaluation CDE.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science – UGA