Ag Teachers,

As you wrap up your week and prepare for the Thanksgiving holiday, I am excited to share some news with you about the upcoming 92nd Georgia FFA Convention. The dates for the 92nd Georgia FFA Convention are April 23-25, 2020. Our event will again be held in Macon, at the Centreplex and Marriott. Attached to this email are some important pieces of information that should allow you to begin your state convention planning. Please review closely, as we are planning some significant changes for this year's event.

Lodging Options
Attached is a list of hotels that have designated blocks of rooms for the FFA through the Convention & Visitors Bureau. These rooms are located in different parts of Macon and within different prices ranges. There should be options for everyone, depending on your preferences and budget. Be sure to mention Georgia FFA when you call the hotel. If the person who answers does not acknowledge the FFA block, ask to speak to the Sales Manager. If you have trouble, I need for you to let me know.

Convention Schedule
Based on feedback from students and advisors, and effort to freshen up our event, some significant changes have been made to the schedule for this year's State Convention. I am excited about our plans. However, as you know, change requires patience and diligence. Some pieces of convention will happen at different times this year than they have it the past. Please review the schedule closely.

Some specific changes to notice include:

-Preliminary rounds of Leadership Development Events will be held on Wednesday, April 22, beginning at 2:00 p.m.
-Finals Hall presentations of all LDEs will occur on Thursday, April 23 (all day, scheduled by event)
-The Career Show will be open from 11:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday AND from 8:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. on Friday.
-The State FFA Degree will be awarded in session 2, at 8:00 a.m. on Friday morning
-Due to the space opened up by not having LDEs on Friday, more Student Leadership Workshop opportunities will be available on Friday and Saturday.
-There will not be a session on Friday night. There is still the potential for a fun activity on Friday night (concert, dance, etc...) Details will be shared when available.

Convention Registration
Again this year the registration process for the State Convention will be an online registration process. I will provide details about the registration site after the first of the new year. The chapter registration price will be $300 for those who register and pay by the deadline. For those who register late, the chapter fee will be $400.

State Convention Website
The State Convention portion of our Georgia FFA website will be update the next few weeks as details (i.e. keynote speaker, t-shirt design, Days of Service, etc...) are finalized. You can check back there for more information.

If you have questions, please give me a call. Have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving holiday.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science - UGA