Ag Teachers,

If you have students who exhibit livestock, please consider this opportunity.

Each year the Georgia FFA and 4-H recognize six junior livestock exhibitors in the Catalog of the Georgia Jr. National Livestock Show. We are seeking young people who define the work ethic, perseverance, character and integrity that the junior livestock program can instill. I encourage you to look at the attached application, and please consider nominating students for the Livestock Student Spotlight.

Based on the attached application, a committee will select six students, one per species (dairy, beef, swine, goats, sheep) and one "All Around" who exhibits multiple species. We will use the information provided to tell the story of these students in the 2020 Georgia Jr. National Livestock Show catalog. Each year we receive nominations for some wonderful young people, and we seek to tell their story in the best way we can. So please be sure to include as much detail as you can in your nomination. Provide evidence of the student's worthiness, quotes from advisors and even quotes from fellow student exhibitors. In short, give us as much evidence as you can to select your student(s).

Jr. Livestock Student Spotlight nominations are due by Friday, January 10. You can mail, or scan and email, to me at the address below. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science - UGA