SOUTHERN GEORGIA BANNERS AND BABES
Breeding Ewe/Doe Show
BILLY WALKER AGRICULTURE FACILITY
· The show is open to 4H and FFA members. All 4H/FFA members through the 12th grade (plus pre-club age children in grades 1-4) may show.
· Only breeding does/ewes allowed. All animals will be shown by weight
· Registration papers are not required.
· There are no weight limits. Number per class and number of classes based on entries at the discretion of show management. After the animal leaves the scales, there will be no re-weighs
· Does/ewes must not have kidded/lambed prior to the show
· There will be no substituting of animals. Bring the ones you enter.
· Exhibitors must show their own animal. If an exhibitor has more than one entry in a class, they can have another exhibitor show for them. This must be cleared with show officials before showing.
· Each exhibitor must show their own doe/ewe in showmanship. The animal must be entered in the show by the exhibitor.
· All does/ewes must be properly ear tagged with a state tag.
· There is no limit to entry numbers. Bring them if you have them.
· All goats must be dehorned or have horns tipped and rounded
· Shearing and length of hair is left to the discretion of the exhibitor
· Bracing is allowed and at the discretion of the judge
· Only show officials and exhibitors are allowed in the show ring
· A certificate of Veterinary Inspection is required with the individual identification and the following statement:
Flock of origin is free from foot rot, scabies, contagious ecthyma, cutaneous fungal lesions, scrapie, or any other infectious disease.
Registration numbers will not serve as the Scrapie tag for the show, they must have a Scrapie tag
· Depending on number, the ewes may be classified by show staff and put into one of the following categories:
· If numbers do not allow for classification, all ewes will show together by weight
· The show committee accepts no responsibility nor assumes any risk for injury to the exhibitor or the animal due to or resulting from participation in this show.
Schedule Weigh- In: 7:00– 9:30 AM on Feb. 8th
Show Time: 10:30 AM Feb. 8th
Make Checks payable to : Coffee Show Goat Association
Georgia Agricultural Education
Curriculum & Technology Director
1420 Experiment Station Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
[log in to unmask]
Agricultural Education Mission
"Agricultural education prepares students for successful careers and a lifetime of informed choices in the global agriculture, food, fiber and natural resources systems."