Ag Teachers,

The month of February is almost over! As we approach March, I want to share with you the agenda for the state CDEs that will take place at the University of Georgia on March 20-21. The following events will be part of the CDE days at UGA. The superintendent of each CDE is listed.

Agricultural Communications (Superintendent: Ben Lastly)
Agricultural Education (Superintendent: Dr. Eric Rubinstein)
Agricultural Mechanics (Superintendent: Sidney Bell)
Livestock Evaluation (Superintendent: Kent Benson)
Poultry Evaluation (Superintendent: Todd Claxton)
Nursery/Landscape (Superintendent: Josh Allen)
Wildlife Management (Superintendent: Brandon Ray)

Agenda
The agenda for the state CDEs at UGA is attached. Each CDE will start on it's unique timeline. The start times and locations are outlined in the attached agenda.
The award assembly will happen at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday. That is when results from all CDEs will be announced.

Guidelines/Event Details
As you prepare for state competition, please be sure that you closely review the CDE guidelines and communicate with the appropriate CDE superintendent. Many CDEs have different components at the state level than you faced on the Area level. It will be important to be sure that you and your team know what to expect.

Lunches
The UGA Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications (ALEC) department will be selling chicken sandwich meal lunches. Orders for the UGA ALEC lunches will be completed through an online order that will be emailed by Dr. Eric Rubenstein later today. The UGA ALEC lunches will be available for pick-up at either the Poultry Science building or Animal Science Arena on Saturday.

Attendance
Please remember that our state guidelines state that a team that qualified for state CDEs through Area competition must have at least half of the original team (qualifying from Area) competing in the state CDE. If you have to replace any students on your team(s) please stay in touch with the appropriate Superintendent and be certain that the new students you add are on your FFA roster and have been submitted for FFA membership.

I ask that you also keep in mind that to qualify for a state CDE is an honor, and requires that your team defeated other teams on the Area level. That opportunity brings with it the expectation to represent your Area in the state CDE. If, for any reason, you realize that your qualifying team(s) will not attend, please reach out to the appropriate superintendent so that we can make necessary updates on our end.

If you have questions, please contact me or the appropriate superintendent. I wish you and your teams the very best.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science - UGA