Ag Teachers,

Due to our Association's significant increase in FFA membership in 2019-20, Georgia has been allocated considerable more delegate spots than in years past for the upcoming National FFA Convention. Therefore, we are reopening the National Convention Delegate application process. If you have students who would be great representatives for our state Association in national delegate committee meetings, who did not apply when the delegate applications opened originally, please encourage them to apply now! We will accept applications from students who are rising 11th graders through recent graduates (class of 2020).

National Convention Delegate applications will be accepted through Friday, August 14. To be considered, applications should be emailed to Ben Lastly ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) in PDF format with all necessary signatures. If you or your student have any questions, please call me.

Why reopen the application process?
We received applications from some outstanding young people in round one, but we did not receive enough qualified applications to fill all of our delegate needs. That is why we're asking for more applications.

What is the role of the National Delegates in a virtual convention?
While the exact delegate experience has not been made clear for 2020, it is certain that our state will be expected to have our delegate body ready to participate in virtual committee meetings, and handle national organization business virtually.

How (where) will Delegates experience the virtual national convention?
While we will not travel to Indianapolis for the convention, our Association does plan, if possible, to gather our voting delegates in one place for the virtual convention and virtual delegate experience. We will provide lodging, meals, and social distancing meeting opportunities for delegates during the time of the virtual delegate experience.

Please encourage your students to apply.

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science - UGA