— John Kloetzel
Department of Biological Sciences, UMBC
(Happily retired in Ashland, Oregon since 2007)

On Nov 18, 2020, at 11:41 AM, Lea Bleyman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thank you all for these remembrances.
Do any of you know if Jean Nanney is still around and do you have contact info for her?
Anne Bleyman

From: Ciliate Molecular Biology <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Aufderheide, Karl J <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Obituary for Lea Kanner Bleyman

I met Lea when I was doing a postdoctoral in Tracy Sonneborn’s lab in the mid-1970s. She was so pleasant to share science with; I really enjoyed meeting her and becoming a friend.

Those years in Indiana in Sonneborn’s lab were really special, and I often miss the people, the experiences and interactions that were possible there.

Karl J. Aufderheide, Ph.D.
Emeritus
Department of Biology
Texas A&M University