Dear colleagues,

I apologize for the non-ciliate focused nature of this announcement, but my thought is that if there are qualified candidates that our community might know of who might interested and also have experience with proteomics using ciliates, it would be terrific to have them apply!

We recently got NSF MRI and Murdock Foundation funding to support the acquisition of new Mass Spec instrumentation and are now seeking a staff member whose role would be to facilitate the use of these equipment for research and teaching purposes at my university, Western Washington University in lovely Bellingham, WA. I would personally be very excited if the individual we hire has experience in discovery proteomics and the analysis of complex mixtures of proteins from affinity purifications or partially purified cellular material.

If you know of folks who might be interested, would you mind passing the following information on to them (both the forwarded email and the attached position description)?  Similarly, if you know of other folks I might pass along this information to, please just let me know and I would be happy to reach out to others in order to maximize the chances of us finding a good fit for our biological and biochemical research needs!

with many thanks,
Suzanne

--
Suzanne R Lee, PhD
Assistant Professor

We are excited to announce the recruitment for a new staff member for Scientific Technical Services (SciTech) at Western Washington University (WWU).  SciTech supports research, scholarship, and teaching by providing access to advanced multi-user scientific instrumentation, machine and electronics shops, and equipment design, fabrication and repair services.  The individual hired in this new position will assist, train, and supervise students, faculty, and other users of mass spectrometry (MS) instrumentation, including liquid chromatography time-of-flight mass spectroscopy (LC-QTOF), matrix¬≠assisted laser desorption ionization time of flight mass spectroscopy (MALDI-TOF), and gas chromatography mass spectroscopy (GC-MS) instrumentation.

Attached is a brochure that includes the position description and information about WWU and the Bellingham community.

Application review begins February 19, 2021; position is open until filled.

Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.

Suzanne R Lee, PhD
Assistant Professor
pronouns: she/her/hers
Biology Department