AGED-CENTRAL Archives

AgEd Teachers of Central Ga.

AGED-CENTRAL@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Older archives are in /home/arclist/aged-central_through_2008.tar.gz Created 10/02/2002 List_Affiliation CAES Agricultural Education
Show Table of Contents

Barry Norris
Fri, 3 May 2024 12:05:35 -0400
Hello Teachers,

Please note the opportunity below from the Georgia Forestry Foundation.

BLN

Good afternoon,

We are thrilled to announce our upcoming Live Exploration on May 7 produced
with Georgia Public Broadcasting! During this free 30-minute episode,
thousands of students will discover why Georgia is the #1 forestry state in
the nation as they hear from forestry experts from across the state and
industry.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 1 May 2024 12:26:15 -0400
*Voting will take place at the Area Awards Ceremonies.*
* Please share the links below with your delegates so they can get to know
each of the candidates running.*

*When & Where:*
Area 4 will be Tuesday, May 7th at 5:00 pm - Swainsboro City Auditorium
- 532 W Church St, Swainsboro, GA 30401
Area 3 will be Thursday, May 9th at 5:00 pm- Rutland High School Performing
Arts Center - 6250 Skipper Road, Macon, GA 31216

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 1 May 2024 08:00:00 -0400
Good Morning,
Thank you to everyone who turned in officer applications. While I wish we
could take them all, we had to narrow the Area 3 candidates down to 12
seniors and only 5 juniors. Please know this was a very difficult decision, as
all of you have excellent candidates.

Meet the 2024-25 Central Region Area Officer Candidates!
Area Officer elections take place next week during Area Awards Ceremonies.
Each chapter is allowed 2 voting delegates.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:28:41 -0400
If you submitted an Area Officer application, please check the list below
and make sure we have it in the region office.
Please contact me ASAP if your student is missing.

*These will be narrowed down to 12 Seniors and 5 Juniors. *
The final list of candidates will be announced by the end of the day
tomorrow.

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 12:51:20 -0400
You are Welcome to go fill out your FY25 POW now.
IF you already did this before today, it has been deleted and the
corrected one is now live and you will need to go fill it out again on the
corrected form for FY25.

Great to see most of you last week and I look forward to seeing you again
next week at the Region Awards Ceremonies!
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 11:02:11 -0400
Good Morning Teachers,

The End-of-the-Year Award Ceremonies will occur next week in May. Any
student and/or team that placed 1st or 2nd in an area event or was the High
Individual at the area level will be recognized at the end-of-the-year
awards ceremony. We will also be recognizing all proficiency Area and
Region winners
as well as middle school record book participants. Please see the details for
the events below.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 08:00:59 -0400
Just a reminder Area Officer Applications are due today in the region
office.

Applications can be emailed into the applications email and should
have a *digital picture
of your Area Officer** Candidate* attached.
Please email those to the application email

Thanks, Melissa

From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 9:49 AM
Subject: National Chapter Applications - How to submit, student signatures,
and due dates
To: <[log in to unmask]>

This is just a reminder that National Chapter Applications are due this
Friday.
*Please remember that these require electronic signatures from an FFA
member and your Principal before they can be submitted. *

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Thu, 14 Mar 2024 12:22:24 -0400
Hello Teachers,

Registration for Area 3 and 4 FFD is open . Registration will close on
April 1.

*Area 4*
Tuesday, April 16
Bulloch County Saddle Club, 401 Mill Creek Road, Statesboro, GA (near the
Bulloch County Forestry Commission)

*Area 3 *
Thursday, April 18
Fort Valley State University Farm (see link below)

Area 3 FFD Site <https://goo.gl/maps/5f4m9PNYvveGw9iV7>

I have attached a T-shirt design below.

[More ...]
No Replies
<>
Thu, 14 Mar 2024 15:55:12 +0000
I've invited you to fill out the following form:
2024 Middle GA FFD

To fill it out, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScIc11Tl4omiTeauqGPYux_J6079mmI5fOgdZcxtQhpy9W3QQ/viewform?vc=0&amp;c=0&amp;w=1&amp;flr=0&amp;usp=mail_form_link

I&#39;ve invited you to fill out a form:

Google Forms: Create and analyze surveys.
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 15:48:15 -0400
It is with pleasure and excitement to announce our *2024 CENTRAL REGION
STARS*!!!
Good Luck to each of you as you move on to compete for State Star.

*Star in Agribusiness- Kyla Rhodes*
Locust Grove High, Advisors Abbey Brown and Body O'Neal

*Star in Agricultural Placement - Ethan Bertram*
Mary Persons High, Advisors Ashley Thompson and Ryan Smith

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 07:00:00 -0500
This is a reminder that National Chapter Applications are due* Friday,
March 15th*.
*Please remember that these require electronic signatures from an FFA
member and your administrator before submission. *

Thanks, Melissa

From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 11:32 AM
To: <[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Lauren McLendon
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 09:50:02 -0500
Chris,

Do you have any contacts in Perry for renting the horse arenas? In
addition to FFA I also coach equestrian for Piedmont and I have called and
called the Fairgrounds to reserve Perdue next fall and cannot get anyone to
call me back. Just curious how to get in touch with anyone. Thank you!
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 09:21:28 -0500
Below is a list of Washington Leadership Scholarship Applications received.
If you submitted an application but don't see your students listed below,
please let me know ASAP.

WLC Apps
Student School Advisor
Samuel "Sam" Washington Callaway High Wheeless
Rebecca Johnson Claxton High Hall
Natalie Paredes Dooly Co Teeple
Kailyn McDuffie Dublin Donnell
Haley Hill Effingham Co High Pittman
Morgan Koon Harris Co High Borden, Gonzalez
Peyton Nixon Heard Co High Wilson
Barbara Arnott Islands Miegel, Oliver, Cunningham
Sarah Skinner Jasper Co High Elias
Mackenzie Greninger Jasper Co High Elias
X'Zorion Coffie Jefferson Co High Cook
Amelia Gale LaGrange High Bowden

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 09:20:07 -0500
Below is a list of state officer applications received.
If you submitted an application but do not see your student below, please
email me ASAP.

State Officer Apps
Student School Advisor
Ethan Parks Bleckley County High Lonnie Giddens, Kyle Harris
Emma Lawrence ECI Pellerin
Brayden Papp Effingham Co High Shearouse, Pittman
Laney Sparks Mary Persons HS Thompson, Smith
James McNeal Perry High Lineberger, Dekyl, Denton
Sofia Piraino South Effingham High Richardson, Alston
Kaylie Brown Southeast Bulloch High Kaiser

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 09:17:59 -0500
Below is a list of middle school record books received in the office:
*Area 3 *
3 Callaway Middle Aubrie Bishop Stone Ag Sales/ Marketing/Services
3 Feagin Mill Middle Colton Harter Judson Ag Sales/ Marketing/Services
3 Perry Middle Jeremiah Ennis Whiddon Ag Sales/ Marketing/Services
3 Piedmont Academy Leah McLendon McLendon Ag Sales/ Marketing/Services
3 Gray Station Middle Ronald Thibedeaux Lindstrom Crop Production
3 Jasper Co Middle Augustus Born Zerwig Crop Production
3 Mossy Creek Middle Jack Ransom Bennett Crop Production
3 Byron Middle Kyndal West Robertson Home & Community Development
3 Gray Station Middle Mark Foskey Lindstrom Home & Community

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 08:48:28 -0500
Central Region teachers,

Attached is the submission list for Georgia State FFA Degrees. The list is
sorted by Area and then by *Chapter* *Number* as some of the students
entered a variety of chapter names. If you see a missing application,
please let me know immediately.

Please be aware that this is not the official approved list. Each of these
applications will be examined and Mr. Corzine will send out an approved
list later on.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 08:00:00 -0500
Brittaney Schwing and I are teaming up this summer and offering a three-day
greenhouse workshop.
The workshop will take place this summer in Tifton on the ABAC Campus.
We will cover all things Greenhouse, from understanding the plant order
form to insect management to understanding greenhouse controls.
We are lining up guest speakers as well that will bring industry updates.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 10:10:17 -0500
Just a reminder about Sub Area Speaking Events next week.
A complete list of registered participants is attached.

From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 11:06 AM
Subject: Middle School Record Books - Reminders and Deadlines
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Teachers,

The Middle School Record Book Deadline is Friday, March 1, 2024. This is
an IN-OFFICE deadline.

Each chapter can submit a maximum of one Middle School Record Book per
category (nine total) for judging above the chapter level.
The nine categories are:
Power Structure and Technical Systems
Ag Sales/ Marketing/ Services
Natural Resource Systems
Horticulture
Livestock
Poultry
Crop Production

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 07:32:10 -0500
Teachers,

Today is the deadline to submit State FFA Degrees and State Star
Applications.

*They both HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE ONLINE DEGREE APPLICATION
MANAGER.*

A list of those submitted as of last night is attached.

Please note that chapter names on the list are exactly what the student
typed them into their application. If you do not see your student's name
by your chapter name, either you did not submit it yet, or the chapter name
was typed incorrectly (you can edit this and resubmit the application).
Chapter Numbers are included for your convenience. The list is sorted

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 10:31:19 -0500
*Closes 2/29/2024*

*Who:* FFA Chapters from all Area’s, both Junior and Senior

*What:* State Dairy Evaluation CDE

*When:* Friday March 15th 2024

***Go ahead and book your hotel or FFA camp rooms now!

*Where:* Ag Barn at the FFA Camp Covington GA

*Registration:* *9:15 AM to 10:00AM*, we need to have everyone in seats by
9:45 AM to start on time. Contest Start: 10 AM

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:51:00 -0500
Thank you to Dr. Ritz and all the UGA Department of Poultry Science Staff
for putting on an outstanding Poultry CDE yesterday. Thank you to Camp John
Hope for the awesome facilities and especially thankful to the teachers
that stepped up and led groups alongside our Area Officers. I also want to
thank Melissa Riley for scoring the event into the weee hours of the night.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Tue, 27 Feb 2024 18:11:11 -0500
Congratulations to everyone who participated in the first Area Agriculture
Education LDE! This was a fun LDE; the judges enjoyed learning from your
students.

A big thank you to Camp John Hope for hosting tonight's events.
Also, thank you to area officers Karlee Paschal and Maggie Bell for helping
with registration and facilitating the test.
Another thank you to our judges: Madison Kelly, Reese Johnson, and Morgan
Grizzle.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Tue, 27 Feb 2024 10:08:47 -0500
Hello Teachers,

Area 3 and 4 Discussion Meet will close this Friday, March 1. Below are
the schools registered.

*AREA 3*
Bleckley County
G. W. Carver
Hawkinsville
Jasper County
Jones County
LaGrange
Mary Persons
Schley County
Troup County

*AREA 4*
Burke County High
Effingham County High
Evans
Screven County High
Tattnall County
Washington County

Much Obliged,

BLN
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 14:59:39 -0500
Teachers,

Lewis Farm Nursery has some extra vegetable plugs available. Please see the
attachment.
If you are interested in anything, please get in touch with Mr. Lewis
directly.

*Lewis Farms Nursery*

*830 Hwy 26 East*

*Elko, GA 31025*

*(478) 954-1507*

* [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education
Horticulture Teacher
281 Hope Entrance Road
Fort Valley, GA 31030
cell - 478-973-4071

No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 08:37:00 -0500
This is a reminder that Middle School Record books are due in the office
this Friday.
They can be emailed or mailed in as a hard copy.

The Middle School Record Book Deadline is Friday, March 1, 2024. This is
an IN-OFFICE deadline.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Wed, 21 Feb 2024 19:17:24 -0500
Teachers,

Please remember that FFA Week Observance Applications are due Friday, March
8th.

Applications can be turned in as a hard copy to the region office, by mail,
or may be turned in digitally by emailing a PDF copy to

If emailing the pdf copy remember that a hard copy *must* be submitted for
all that advance to the *state* level of competition. The subject line of
the email should read: Chapter Name-FFA Week and the filename should read
chaptername-FFAWeek.pdf

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Wed, 21 Feb 2024 13:09:40 -0500
Teachers,

State FFA Degrees and State Star Applications are due in the App Manager by
Friday, March 1st. To see if students have met the qualifications, please
review these qualifications at
https://www.georgiaffa.org/docs/28877_State_Degree_Revised_2021.pdf

The student must create their State Degree and State Star application in
their MyFFA or AET account. A how to guide can be found at https://www.
georgiaffa.org/docs/11235_State%20Degree%20How-To%20Guide%20-%202021.pdf

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 15:28:53 -0500
Teachers,

Attached, you will find a complete list of registration for the upcoming
Sub Area Events.
You will see separate tabs at the bottom for each LDE. Then, the contests
are divided by the schools/locations that you registered for.

*ALL locations will have: *
*Registration starts at 4:00*
*Contests start at 4:30 *
*Students will speak in the order that they arrive/sign in.*

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Mon, 19 Feb 2024 11:52:10 -0500
Teachers,

Registration is now open for the Area 3 and 4 Discussion Meet.

Both events will start at 4:30 p.m.

*Area 4 *
March 19th at ECI HS

*Area 3 *
March 21st at Perry MS

Much Obliged,

BLN
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 19 Feb 2024 11:42:55 -0500
Teachers,

The attached spreadsheet shows Area and Region winners in each proficiency
category submitted.

Congratulations to all the winners and best wishes to each of the Region
winners who qualify as state finalists as they prepare for interviews at
the 96th State FFA Convention in April.

You will have time to review feedback and make any corrections to the
application before the state competition. Feedback will be available on the
applications manager where applications were submitted. Remember that all
state finalist applications must be revised and final versions submitted
through the online Application Manager by March 17, 2024.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Fri, 16 Feb 2024 16:51:27 -0500
Happy Friday afternoon,

Attached are the pictures from the Area Nursery Landscape junior and senior ID,
as well as disorders from contests this week.
I hope you find these resources useful as you review with your team and
train future teams.

2024 Area Nursery ID Slides
<https://streaklinks.com/B2wtMGqoaACBpA34Pg3cwzlv/https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Fdrive%2Ffolders%2F1FOoqDMzpTlkVNy766YhVmkcS4quxWNgp%3Fusp%3Ddrive_link>

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Thanks,
Melissa

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education
Horticulture Teacher
281 Hope Entrance Road
Fort Valley, GA 31030
cell - 478-973-4071

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Fri, 16 Feb 2024 11:42:24 -0500
Below is a list of speeches submitted to the applications email yesterday.
If you submitted a speech and don't see your school listed below, just
forward me the email, and we will get it fixed.

If you are missing the Statement of Certification - You and your students
need to sign the following form and email this in as well.
Senior Statement of Certification
<https://streaklinks.com/B2vmdI0i4jeg0m8jOAd85Pc7/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.georgiaffa.org%2Fdocs%2Fsidemodules%2F02881_Statement%2520of%2520Certification%2520Senior%25202015%2520form.pdf>
Junior Statement of Certification
<https://streaklinks.com/B2vmdI429kBJzRAHPQfUqEEN/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.georgiaffa.org%2Fdocs%2Fsidemodules%2F88796_Statement%2520of%2520Certification%2520Junior%25202015%2520form.pdf>

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Fri, 16 Feb 2024 10:33:27 -0500
Good Morning,

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Nursery Landscape CDE
last night.
Thank you to Camp John Hope for hosting last night's events.
Congratulations to the teams moving on to the State Nursery
Landscape Contest on March 15-16 for Seniors and March 16th for Juniors.

*Junior Division: *
*First Place - Rutland High School, Advisor Andrew Reeves*
*Second Place - Peach County High School, Advisor Luz Morales*
*High Individual - Zachary Jones, Rutland High*

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Thu, 15 Feb 2024 19:00:42 -0500
Thank you to Camp John Hope for hosting the Area events today and Justin
Bennett for assisting with judging. I would also like to thank Area
Officers Stephens and Saiylors for assisting with the LDE's.
Congratulations to the teams moving on to the State Contest in April at the
State FFA Convention. Good Luck!

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Thu, 15 Feb 2024 18:55:25 -0500
Teachers,

I want to congratulate the following teams for placing 1st and 2nd in the
Area 3 Agricultural Technology & Mechanical Systems CDE held today at Camp
John Hope.

*1st Place - Perry High School - Kyle Dekle, Advisor*
*2nd Place - Bleckley County High School - Kyle Harris, Advisor*

*High Individual - Jacob Hagin - Marion County High School, John Hagin
Advisor*

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Thu, 15 Feb 2024 17:52:50 -0500
Hello Teachers,

Congratulations to the top two Area 3 schools. They will represent Area 3 at
the State Forestry CDE later this year.

*Sr. Teams:*
1st - Mary Persons HS - Advisor - Ryan Smith

2nd - LaGrange - Advisor - Jessica Bowden

High Individual: Eason Farmer - Mary Persons

*Jr. Teams:*
1st - Mary Persons HS - Advisor - Ryan Smith

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Thu, 15 Feb 2024 08:00:00 -0500
Teachers

This is just a reminder that speeches for both junior and senior-prepared
public speaking are due TODAY.
Also, registration for sub-area and t-shirt orders also closes TODAY.

*Prepared Public Speaking Manuscripts*

Junior and Senior Prepared Public Speaking Manuscripts are *due Thursday,
February 15*

*Email to: *[log in to unmask]

Thanks, Melissa

From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 4:56 PM
Extemp
To: <[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Wed, 14 Feb 2024 09:27:01 -0500
Thank you to Jeff Keiser and Riley Thompson for hosting the Area events
last night at Southeast Bulloch High School. I would also like to thank
Area Officer Samantha Dong for assisting with the LDE's.
Congratulations to the teams moving on to the State Contest in April at the
State FFA Convention. Good Luck!

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Tue, 13 Feb 2024 21:22:20 -0500
Hello Teachers,

Congratulations to the top two Area 4 schools. They will represent Area 4 in
the State Forestry CDE later this year.

*Sr. Teams:*
1st - Jefferson County - Advisor - Sandy Cook

2nd - Wheeler County HS - Advisor - Les Bateson

High Individual: - Maxie Brown - Jefferson County

*Jr. Teams:*
1st - Wheeler County MS - Advisors - Hannah Henry

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 12 Feb 2024 11:32:22 -0500
National Chapter Applications Form I and II will be submitted* by March
15th through the online Application Manager only*.
*It is very important that these applications are NOT submitted in-person
or to the application email.*

This email contains an NCA Planning Guide, a few NCA Reminders, and
instructions on how to start and submit an NCA Form I & II.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 12 Feb 2024 11:12:06 -0500
*Sign In:* 4 PM *Contest Starts*: 4:30 PM

*Location*

*Area 4 FFA Nursery Landscape CDE, Feb 13th @ Southeast Bulloch High
School / lunchroom

*Area 3 FFA Nursery Landscape CDE, Feb 15th @ Camp John Hope / Tabor
Auditorium

Registration List is attached.

*Supplies Needed:*

*Students should bring:

- a clean clipboard,

- several number 2 pencils,

- a basic calculator (add, subtract, divide, multiply)

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 12 Feb 2024 11:06:48 -0500
Teachers,

The Middle School Record Book Deadline is Friday, March 1, 2024. This is
an IN-OFFICE deadline.

Each chapter can submit a maximum of one Middle School Record Book per
category (nine total) for judging above the chapter level.
The nine categories are:
Power Structure and Technical Systems
Ag Sales/ Marketing/ Services
Natural Resource Systems
Horticulture
Livestock
Poultry
Crop Production
Small/Specialty Animal
Home and Community Development/Leadership

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 12 Feb 2024 10:56:01 -0500
Teachers

This is just a reminder that speeches for both junior and senior-prepared
public speaking are due this Thursday.

From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jan 8, 2024 at 10:00 AM
Subject: Agriculture Education LDE Registration and Details
To: <[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 14:13:02 -0500
Both events are open and ready for you to register!

Area 4 will be on *February 13* at *Southeast Bulloch High*- Registration
starts at 4 with event starting at 4:30pm
Area 3 will be on *February 15* at* Camp John Hope*- Registration starts at
4 with event starting at 4:30pm
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:15:48 -0500
Dont Forget Pencils and Clipboards for your students as well as going over
how to fill out the scantron, see you next Tuesday!!
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:13:59 -0500
*Closes - 2/15/2024 at 11pm*
*Rotations and Classes for Area Poultry:*

1. *Class 1*
2. *Class 2*
3. *Class 4*
4. *Class 5*
5. *Class 7*
6. *Class 8 and 9 One station*
7. *Class 10*
8. *Class 11*
9. *Class 12*
10. *NO TEST*

*10 Min rotations*

* 1. Poultry CDE- February 27, 2024 1. Location: Camp John Hope - Tabor
Auditorium 1. Area 4 Registration at 1:00 Contest starts at 1:302. Area 3
Registration at 3:00 Contest starts at 3:30*

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 11:47:48 -0500
It was great seeing each of you this week at Mid_Winter. Please find
attached the agenda for the meeting as well as the Animal Science Update.
If you need anything please dont hesitate to call or email any of the
staff. See each of you soon, thank you for what you do.

Side note, Thanks for the text that some of you have sent with your walk
out songs attached, it has been cool to hear them and add to my play list!!!
No Replies
Barry Norris
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 09:58:44 -0500
Hello Teachers,

Attached you will find the Statewide Forestry CDE and FFD dates. I thought
this may help you plan your travel requests more efficiently.

BLN
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 08:44:00 -0500
This is just a reminder that Nursery Landscape CDE registration and t-shirt
orders are due on Monday.

Teachers,

Registration is now open for the *Area Nursery Landscape CDE's* on the
Georgia Ag. Ed. Website and login page. Here is some additional information

*Sign In:* 4 PM *Contest Starts*: 4:30 PM

*Eligibility *
*Junior:* This event is open to students in grades 6-9 who are agricultural
education students, and are paid members of a chartered FFA chapter. Each
student’s name must appear on the chapter’s FFA roster at least 10 days
prior to competition above the chapter level.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 24 Jan 2024 08:22:00 -0500
Reminder Due this Friday!

From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jan 8, 2024 at 10:00 AM
To: <[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Fri, 19 Jan 2024 16:09:40 -0500
A good Friday to everyone.

Proficiency applications are due in 2 weeks.

We have the following schools currently registered to turn in the
proficiency areas listed below. Please check these over and see if yours is
listed and in the correct proficiency area. I have tried to correct
submissions when asked.
If you have not registered yet, click the link below to submit your
registration.
Remember to complete a separate registration form for each
student/proficiency area.
Remember each high school teacher is required to submit at least one
proficiency application in order to fulfill the Program of Work.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 17 Jan 2024 16:56:45 -0500
Teachers,

Sub Area Leadership CDE Registration is now open for both Areas 3 and 4.

Please register for one of the two locations in your area:

*Area 4:* * Tuesday, March 5*

Screven County High or

Montgomery County High

*Area 3:* *Thursday, March 7*

Peach County High or

Pike County Middle

Registration starts at 4:00, and contests start at 4:30.
Students will speak in the order that you arrive/register
.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 17 Jan 2024 15:45:28 -0500
Just a reminder about plant pick-up in a few weeks.
Below is a list of schools with spring orders or schools that just ordered
finished ferns from last fall.

*Monday, Feb 5th - Jenkins Co High - 434 W Barney Ave. Millen, GA 30442*
Plants will be delivered to the *AG CENTER* across the street from Jenkins Co
High - taking Barney Ave towards the schools, go over the bridge, and the
AG center is on the right-hand side, first entrance, and the school is on
your left
*Plants will be ready for pick up between 1:00 PM and 5:00

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 15:10:33 -0500
Teachers,

The Area 3 and 4 Forestry CDE registration is now open. It will close on
January 26th. Rules, guidelines, and score cards may be found on the
website.

Area 4 will be at the WW Mann Center near Southeast Bulloch High
School on Tuesday,
February 13th.

Area 3 will be held at Camp John Hope on Thursday, February 15th.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Thu, 11 Jan 2024 21:01:06 -0500
Hello Teachers,

Congratulations to the following teachers and students for placing 1st and
2nd in the Area 3 Ag Sales CDE. They will represent Area 3 at the State Ag
Sales CDE.

1st - Veterans HS - Advisor, Jeff Wilson
2nd - Harris County - Advisor, Jay Borden

High Individual - Alonna McLaughlin - Veterans HS - Advisor, Jeff Wilson

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Thu, 11 Jan 2024 18:04:56 -0500
Congratulations to the following chapters for placing 1st and 2nd in the
Area 4 & Area 3 Agricultural Communications CDE.

*Area 4*
*1st Place - Effingham College and Career Academy - Meredith Arrington,
Advisor*

*Area 3*
*1st Place - Harris County - Julia Gonzalez, Advisor*
*2nd Place - Jones County - Callie Lankford, Advisor*

Thank you to Michael Atkinson and the Treutlen County FFA members for
hosting the Area 4 CDE and Camp John Hope and Staff for hosting the Area 3
CDE.
Thank you to Area Officers Maggie Bell and Karlee Paschal for helping with
the Area 3 event.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Thu, 11 Jan 2024 16:32:13 -0500
Teachers,

I want to congratulate the following individuals for placing 1st and 2nd in
the Area 4 & Area 3 Agricultural Electrification (EMC) CDE held at Treutlen
County High School (Area 4) and Camp John Hope (Area 3).

*Area 4*
*1st Place - Caleb Long - Swainsboro High - Ashley Henry, Advisor*
*2nd Place - Thomas Hogan - West Laurens - Travis Walker, Advisor*

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Thu, 11 Jan 2024 11:31:22 -0500
Hello Teachers,

Congratulations to the following teachers and students for placing 1st and
2nd at the Area 4 Ag Sales CDE. They will represent Area 4 at the State Ag
Sales CDE.

1st - Screven County, Advisor - Cali Smith
2nd - ECI, Advisor - Tori Pellerin

High Individual - Kerrigan Bogart, Screven County - Advisor, Cali Smith

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Tue, 9 Jan 2024 09:17:26 -0500
Teachers,

Many of you have asked where you could purchase a copy of the Agricultural
Wiring Handbook (17th Edition) that is used as a reference in the
Agricultural Electrification (EMC wiring) CDE. These books are no longer
available for purchase but have since been made available for a free PDF
download that you can print out for you and your students' use. The books
are hosted on the Midwest Rural Energy Council's website. They are located
under the publications tab. I have included the link below.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 8 Jan 2024 13:07:39 -0500
I have the following teachers registered for this workshop. If you plan to
attend but do not see your name below, please respond to this email and let
me know you will be in attendance.
Thanks, Melissa

Registration List as of 1/8/2024
Michael Cunningham
Abby Green
Velda Hendricks
Victoria Henley
Kyra Holmes
Flynt Rigdon
Alison Rozar
Madison Shipley
Sierra Stone
Abigail Zerwig

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

*Registration begins at 3:00 pm *

* CDE Starts at 3:30 pm*

*To register for the CDE.*

Go to the GeorgiaFFA.org and log in.

Click on Event Registration.

Click on Area 3 or Area 4 Livestock Evaluation CDE.

Click on the edit for each team that you are registering.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Fri, 15 Dec 2023 12:42:28 -0500
Hello Teachers,

Below are the dates and locations for the Area 3 and 4 Ag Sales CDEs. Both
events will start at 4:30 p.m. with registration beginning at 4:00. I have
attached a list of registered teams. Student names may be changed the day
of the event.

Area 4 - 01/09/24 at the Treutlen HS Agriculture Complex

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Fri, 15 Dec 2023 08:00:00 -0500
Just a reminder, TODAY is the last day to submit Ag Communications written
media plans.
Media Plan can be submitted via email to
Remember you must also register your team on the website as well.

Please take a look at the additional details about this CDE below.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Thu, 14 Dec 2023 13:56:02 -0500
Teachers,

For those of you in your beginning years of teaching (1-3 years) or student
teaching (in the central region), please make plans to attend the new
teacher workshop that will be held on Monday, January 23rd, before the
Mid-Winter conference.

The workshop agenda, time, and location can be found below.

For those of you who also attended the Beginning Teacher Workshop in
August, you will receive 1 PLU for attending both workshops. This will
meet the requirement for one yearly PLU that is required with your program
of work.

[More ...]
No Replies
Borden, Jay
Thu, 14 Dec 2023 13:54:43 +0000
Good Morning Teachers,

As the calendar year is coming to a close, I hope your fall semester closes well and you have a great holiday season with your families. The GVATA Mid-Winter Conference is right around the corner, and we have some elections to conduct at that conference. The Area Director position is a 3-Year position. I am currently completing my 2nd year as the Area 3 Director. I have agreed to succeed Justin Bennett as the GVATA Treasurer following the GVATA Summer Conference this year. I cannot be both an Area Director and the Treasurer at the same time

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Wed, 13 Dec 2023 13:55:10 -0500
Hello Teachers,

Below are the schools registered for Ag Sales which will be held January 9
and 11, 2024. Please remember that registration will close tomorrow at 4
and it is a 4 person team.

*Area 3*
Harris County
Jasper County
Manchester
Schley County
Veterans
Woodland (Henry County)
*Area 4*
Effingham County High
Statesboro
Toombs County

MuchObliged,

BLN
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 13 Dec 2023 09:41:57 -0500
Just a reminder, Ag Communications written media plans are due THIS Friday,
December 15th

Please take a look at the additional details about this CDE below.

Thanks, Melissa

Just a reminder, Ag Communications written media plans are due next Friday,
December 15th

From: Josh Rabalais <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 1:46 PM
Subject: 5th District GFB Hog Show
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

Hey Christa,

Can you please send this out? Show is only open to students in the *Farm
Bureau 5th District. Counties include: Butts, Coweta, Crawford, Harris,
Heard, Jasper, Lamar, Meriwether, Monroe, Muscogee, Peach, Pike, Spaulding,
Talbot, Taylor, Troup, and Upson.* The link to the entry form is below. The
rules and general information is attached.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:24:09 -0500
Teachers,

As you make plans for the Lawnmower CDE tomorrow at Camp John Hope, please
remember to be 15 minutes early for your driving time and to:

*Bring safety glasses, hearing protection, signed waivers*

Waiver forms for Middle and High school are attached.

Here are the driving times:

9:50 AM Thomson Middle School Kendrick Ford
10:00 AM Fullington Academy Jose DePaz
10:10 AM Fullington Academy Paxton Harris
10:30 AM Marion County Coleton Drew
11:40 AM Long Cane Middle Peyton Dykes
1:00 PM Dooly Middle and High Elias Terrazas
1:10 PM Manchester Wesley Goodrich
1:20 PM Rutland High Tyler Tanner
1:30

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 14:59:11 -0500
Congratulations to the following schools that placed first or second at
the Area 4 Jr and Sr Vet Science CDEs. Best of luck to them as they
advance to the state contest in February, which will be held at the GA
National Fair.

A special thanks to Area 4 Officer Samantha Dong and teachers- Kent Foskey,
Samantha Sheffield, Pete Bennett, Matt Robertson, Maggie Mallard, Tori
Pellerin, Hannah Turner, and Erica Frost who all helped with the events and
made it run smoothly.
And another BIG thanks to West Laurens HS for hosting the event yesterday.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 13:53:20 -0500
Teachers,

I want to congratulate the following individuals for placing 1st and 2nd in
the Area 4 Middle and High School Lawnmower Operations & Maintenance CDE
held yesterday at West Laurens High School.

*High School*
*1st Place - Christopher Green - South Effingham High School - De'Andre
Alston, Advisor*
*2nd Place - Lex Davis - Metter High School - Blake Jeffers, Advisor*

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 11:30:33 -0500
Teachers,

Congratulations to the following schools that placed first or second at
the Area 4 Jr and Sr Floriculture CDEs. Best of luck to them as they
advance to the state contest in February, which will be held at the GA
National Fair.

A special thanks to Area Officer Evan Burns, who helped with the events.
And another BIG thanks to West Laurens HS for hosting the event yesterday.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 09:33:21 -0500
Teachers,

Congratulations to the following schools that placed first or second at the
Area 4 Jr and Sr Wildlife CDEs. They will represent Area 4 at the State
Wildlife CDE in February.

A special thanks to Hadley Saxon, Hannah Henry, and Les Bateson for
scoring, all teachers who helped to monitor the events, and West Laurens HS
for the use of the facilities and hospitality.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:21:45 -0500
Teachers,

As you make plans for the Lawnmower CDE tomorrow at West Laurens High
School, please remember to be 15 minutes early for your driving time and to:

*Bring safety glasses, hearing protection, signed waivers*

Waiver forms for Middle and High school are attached.

Here are the driving times:

Time School Student
9:00 AM West Laurens High Brewer Morgan

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 27 Nov 2023 11:40:49 -0500
Just a reminder about the upcoming Floriculture CDE this week.

Thanks, Melissa

From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 10:13 AM
Subject: Program of Activities & Budget due Nov 15th
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Hey Everyone! Hope you're having a great day!

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:00:00 -0500
All spring orders are due today!
Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

Melissa

From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 9:45 AM
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Brittaney Schwing <[log in to unmask]>

Ag Teachers,

The link to the 2024 Central Region Spring Plug Order Form can be found
below.
Orders can be submitted and edited up until the form closes at *5:00 PM on
Wednesday, November 15th.*

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 13 Nov 2023 09:00:00 -0400
Just a reminder that Program of Activites and Budgets are due this
Wednesday, Nov 15th
Completed POAs & Budgets need to be emailed to

Hey Everyone! Hope you're having a great day!

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:00:00 -0500
Floriculture CDE Registration CLOSES TODAY

From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 11:47 AM
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Good Afternoon Teachers,

Below are the details for the Central Region Floriculture CDE that will
take place on
*Area 4* - *Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023, at West Laurens High School in the
lunchroom*
Registration will start at 4:00, and contest will start at 4:30

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Tue, 7 Nov 2023 17:34:53 -0500
A big thank you to Southeastern Technical College in Swainsboro for hosting
the events tonight. The facilities and staff are always so good to us,
and we appreciate their hospitality!

The following individuals will be moving on the state FFA Quiz CDE, which
will take place in December at ABAC.

Congratulations to our quiz finalist:
1st Place - Noah Boykin, Screven Co High - Advisor Cali Smith
2nd Place - Laney Fussell, West Laurens High - Advisor Travis Walker

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
Chris Corzine
Tue, 7 Nov 2023 14:05:45 -0500
Dear fellow GVATA members,

Both the *Area 1 and Area 4 Directors* will be rolling off the Board at the
conclusion of the GVATA Summer Conference in 2024. Thank you for allowing
us to serve as your Area Representative for the past three years. If we
can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please let us know.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Tue, 7 Nov 2023 13:23:37 -0500
Both the *Area 1 and Area 4 Directors* will be rolling off the Board at the
conclusion of the GVATA Summer Conference in 2024. Thank you for allowing
us to serve as your Area Representative for the past three years. If we
can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please let us know.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 6 Nov 2023 12:13:29 -0500
Teachers,

Here are some reminders about the Farm & Agribusiness Management CDE.

*Sign In:* 4:00-4:30 PM

*Contest Starts: *4:30 PM

*CDE *Details*:*

- Each student will complete a 50-question multiple-choice test on a
scantron.
- Please review with your students how to complete a scantron if they
are not familiar. Scantron used in the CDE
<https://store.apperson.com/GradeMaster-600-Answer-Sheet_27867>
- Test questions come from even chapters.
- There is no team activity at the Area competition

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 6 Nov 2023 11:46:39 -0500
Teachers,

Here is a quick update about this week's ATE (Agricultural Technology and
Equipment ID) CDE.

*BRING SAFETY GLASSES!*

*LOCATION*

- Area 4 - Tuesday, November 7, 2023 - Southeastern Technical College,
Building 2 - 346 Kite Rd, Swainsboro (Campus Map
<https://www.southeasterntech.edu/wp-content/uploads/Swainsboro-Map.pdf>)
- Area 3 - Thursday, November 9, 2023 - Camp John Hope - Tabor Auditorium
- Each event at each location will begin with registration at 3:30 p.m.
with CDE start time of 4 p.m.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 6 Nov 2023 09:00:00 -0400
Good Morning,

Some reminders about the FFA Quiz CDE that is taking place this week.

*Sign In:* 4:00-4:30 PM

*Contest Starts: *4:30 PM

*CDE *Details*:* Each student will complete a 50-question multiple-choice
test.

The students with the top 3 highest individual test scores will be taken
back for oral questions. The points earned from oral questions will be
added to the total student score to determine the winner.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Fri, 3 Nov 2023 21:14:47 -0400
The registration for the *Area Middle School AND High School Lawnmower
Operations CDE *is up on the Georgia AG ED Website and login page. Here is
some additional information:

The Middle School Lawnmower CDE is open to any middle school FFA member in
grades 6th - 8th. Each chapter is limited to 1 participant.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Fri, 3 Nov 2023 14:05:19 -0400
Hello Teachers,

Please remember that Wildlife registration closes on Monday. Below are the
registered schools thus far.

*JR AREA 3*
Dodge County Middle
Harris County Middle
Jasper County Middle
Mary Persons
Monroe County Middle
Ola Middle
Piedmont Academy
Pike County Middle
Upson Lee Middle
*SR AREA 3*
Academy for Advanced Studies
Eagle's Landing
Griffin Region College & Career Academy
Mary Persons
Monroe County Middle
Ola
Peach County
Piedmont Academy
Schley County
Troup County
Woodland (Henry County)
*JR AREA 4*
Bryan County Middle
Burke County Middle
Emanuel County Institute (ECI) Middle
Jenkins County Middle
Johnson County Middle
Montgomery County
Montgomery County

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Wed, 1 Nov 2023 08:59:45 -0400
Hello Teachers,

Please forgive me but I forgot to ask you to register your Wildlife team
members in a particular order to help with registration. Please enter your
team members in the following order when registering.

Deer Management
Game Brid
General ID
Aquatic Management

If you have already registered, you should be able to go back and change
the order. Since each student will only compete in one event, this will
help me put them in the correct area and will save time changing names
during onsite registration.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Barry Norris
Tue, 31 Oct 2023 09:53:05 -0400
Hello Teachers,

Attached you will find the list of questions used for Round 1 for the
Employment Skills LDE. This may be helpful in preparing the students who
moved on to Round 2 as well as future LDEs.

Much Obliged,

BLN
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:17:57 -0400
Teachers,

The deadline to register for the Subarea EMC CDE/Workshop is today!

Lunch will be provided at each location, so accurate numbers are important.

For new teachers or teachers that have not had students compete in this CDE
before, this would be a great learning experience for you and your students.

*The following teams have registered:*

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:00:12 -0400
Teachers,
The deadline to register for the Farm & Agribusiness Management CDE is
tomorrow.

Remember questions this year will come from the even chapters in both of
the main references and there is no team activity at the Area CDE.

*The following teams have registered:*

*Area 3*
Appling Middle
Bleckley County
Dutchtown
Harris County
Jackson (Butts County)
Locust Grove
Mary Persons
Pike County High School
Rutland
Union Grove

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Mon, 30 Oct 2023 11:17:18 -0400
Hello Teachers,

Next week, we will have the Final Round for Area 3 and 4 Employment Skills
LDE. Both are scheduled to start at 4:30 p.m. with registration at 4:00
p.m.

Area 4 - November 7 - Southeastern Technical College in Swainsboro -
Building 2

Area 3 - November 9 - Camp John Hope - New Activities Center

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 30 Oct 2023 08:00:00 -0400
Teachers,

Here is a quick update about next week's ATE (Agricultural Technology and
Equipment ID) CDE.

*LOCATION*

- Area 4 - Tuesday, November 7, 2023 - Southeastern Technical College,
Building 2 - 346 Kite Rd, Swainsboro (Campus Map
<https://www.southeasterntech.edu/wp-content/uploads/Swainsboro-Map.pdf>)
- Area 3 - Thursday, November 9, 2023 - Camp John Hope - Tabor Auditorium
- Each event at each location will begin with registration at 3:30 p.m.
with CDE start time of 4 p.m.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:38:09 -0400
Teachers,

Registration is now open for the *Area Wildlife Management CDE *on the
Georgia Ag. Ed. Website.

Please remember that each team member will compete in one practicum event,
and all four students must compete in a different practicum, so that each
team has an entry in all four practicums. All practicums will be scored
using Zipgrade. All questions will have 5 answer choices to choose or
guess. General and Aquatic Identification will have coded word banks.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:02:12 -0400
Hello Teachers,

The week after the National Convention, we will have the Area 3 and 4
ENR CDEs.
Both are scheduled to start at 4:00 p.m. with registration at 3:30 p.m. I
should have registration ready by 3:00 p.m. and will be glad to start the
CDE as soon as all registered teams arrive or 4:00 p.m., whichever comes
first.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Thu, 26 Oct 2023 10:13:29 -0400
Hey Everyone! Hope you're having a great day!

Just a reminder that Chapter Program of Activities and Budgets are due in
the region office on Wednesday, November 15th
*If you need some help completing a Chapter POA - click here for some
examples
<https://streaklinks.com/BtpIt2mUlHxTYJDAlws_-yCw/https%3A%2F%2Fdrive.google.com%2Fdrive%2Ffolders%2F1guBqS5d2r8B40a0FPRtOMMf13N-bqW_U%3Fusp%3Dsharing>*

Completed POAs & Budgets need to be emailed to

Thanks, Melissa

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education
Horticulture Teacher
281 Hope Entrance Road
Fort Valley, GA 31030
cell - 478-973-4071

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Thu, 26 Oct 2023 09:45:04 -0400
Ag Teachers,

The link to the 2024 Central Region Spring Plug Order Form can be found
below.
Orders can be submitted and edited up until the form closes at *5:00 PM on
Wednesday, November 15th.*

2024 Central Region Spring Plug Order Form
<https://streaklinks.com/BtpCNqSNDdD9UPWKCQdh-1gp/https%3A%2F%2Fform.jotform.com%2F232964219582161>

*How to select items*
Once you open the form, you will see some instructions listed on the first
page. Plants are organized by plug type and size. You can use the Category
Drop-down by the Plant Selection header to take you to specific sections.
You can also search for plants specifically in the search bar. Click on

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Tue, 24 Oct 2023 06:45:00 -0400
Teachers,

Registration for the Agricultural Technology & Equipment ID (JR Ag Mech)
CDE ends *TODAY!*

The following schools have already registered:

*Area 3*
Dodge County Middle
Fort Valley Middle
Harris County
Northside Middle
Oak Hill Middle
Peach County
Pike County High School
Pike County Middle
Rutland Middle
Schley County
Thomson Middle (Houston County)
Warner Robins High

*Area 4*
Cross Creek
East Laurens Middle
Effingham County Middle
Hephzibah
Islands High
Jenkins County High
Jenkins County Middle
Screven County High
South Effingham Middle
Southeast Bulloch Middle
Statesboro
Swainsboro Middle
T.J. Elder Middle
Toombs County
Toombs County Middle
West Laurens
Wheeler County Middle

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 23 Oct 2023 11:47:34 -0400
Good Afternoon Teachers,

Below are the details for the Central Region Floriculture CDE that will
take place on
*Area 4* - *Tuesday, Nov 28, 2023, at West Laurens High School in the
lunchroom*
Registration will start at 4:00, and contest will start at 4:30

*Area 3* - *Thursday, Nov 30, 2023 at Camp John Hope - Tabor Auditorium *
Due to the volume of teams, we will have 2 start times for Area 3.
Up to 20 junior and up to 20 senior teams can go at 1:00, and the remaining
teams will compete as usual at 4:30.
This 1:00

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 23 Oct 2023 08:00:00 -0400
Good Morning,

Just a reminder that today is the last day to register for the FFA Quiz CDE

The registration for the *Area FFA Quiz CDE *is up on the Georgia AG ED
Website and login page. Here is some additional information:
This event is open to any FFA member in grades 6th - 9th.
Each chapter is limited to 1 participant.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Fri, 20 Oct 2023 13:40:53 -0400
Teachers,

Registration for the Agricultural Technology & Equipment ID (JR Ag Mech)
CDE ends Tuesday, October 23.

This is a CDE for 6-9 grade FFA members.

This year the focus is Electricity. Study materials and information can be
found *HERE* <https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=8027>.

Don't forget to order T Shirts!

The following schools have already registered:

*Area 3*
Dodge County Middle
Fort Valley Middle
Harris County
Northside Middle
Oak Hill Middle
Pike County Middle
Rutland Middle
Schley County
Thomson Middle (Houston County)
Warner Robins High

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Fri, 20 Oct 2023 12:33:47 -0400
Vet Science CDE

Contest registration is now open. Registration will close on November 18th
at 11:00 PM.

The *Area 4* contest is on *Tuesday, November 28th* at West Laurens High
School.
*Area 3 *Contest is on *Thursday, November 30th* at Camp John Hope.
Day of contest registration will begin at 4:00 PM and the contest will
start at 4:30 PM

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Thu, 19 Oct 2023 09:13:12 -0400
Hello Teachers,

Please be aware that ENR registration will end tomorrow. If you wish to
participate, please register by tomorrow. Below are the schools that have
registered.

Much Obliged,

BLN

*JR AREA 3*
Gardner-Newman Middle
Hampton
Harris County Middle
Jasper County Middle
Jones County
Ola Middle
Piedmont Academy
*SR AREA 3*
Dooly County
Jasper County Middle
Jones County
LaGrange
Manchester
Piedmont Academy
*JR AREA 4*
Emanuel County Institute (ECI) Middle
Montgomery County Middle
Wheeler County High
Wheeler County Middle
*SR AREA 4*
Hephzibah
Islands High
Screven County High
South Effingham High
Swainsboro High
Tattnall County
Treutlen County
Wheeler County High
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Tue, 17 Oct 2023 11:25:16 -0400
Just a reminder, FFA Quiz CDE Registration closes on Monday

Thanks, Melissa

From: Shawn Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Oct 4, 2023, 5:38 PM
Subject: Fwd: Please send to your Central Region List Serv: Pond Pine
Seedlings for Specimen Trees
To: Chris Corzine <[log in to unmask]>

I have procured Pond Pine seedlings for you to plant as specimen trees.
They will be available in bags of 10 for $30.00. Please be prepared to pick
up at GVATA Mid -Winter Conference in Macon, GA.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 2 Oct 2023 16:15:47 -0400
The registration for the *Area FFA Quiz CDE *is up on the Georgia AG ED
Website and login page. Here is some additional information:
This event is open to any FFA member in grades 6th - 9th.
Each chapter is limited to 1 participant.

*Sign In:* 4:00-4:30 PM

*Contest Starts: *4:30 PM

*CDE Details: 50-question* test multiple choice test, top 3 individuals
will be taken back for oral questions

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 2 Oct 2023 15:57:00 -0400
Teachers,

I wanted to let you know that registration is open for Area 3 and Area 4
EMC CDE SubArea CDEs. Registration will close on October 30th. You may
bring up to 2 students per chapter.

The speech demonstration can be found *HERE
<https://www.georgiaffa.org/docs/sidemodules/08230_2023-2024%20FFA-GEMC%20Speech-Demo%20Topic%20Description%20(2).docx>*
.

SubArea events will take place:

*Area 3 - Thursday, November 16, 2023 at Camp John Hope*
*Area 4 - Tuesday, November 14, 2023 at the Toombs County Agricenter*

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Mon, 2 Oct 2023 13:13:24 -0400
Attached are the keys from the meats cde held last week, if you have any
questions please let me know.
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Fri, 29 Sep 2023 17:51:31 -0400
Congratulations to everyone who competed in the Area 3 & 4 MEATS JUDGING
CDE on Tuesday and Thursday!

First, THANK YOU for your patience in me putting on the CDE as well as
navigating this scoring machine.
Thank you to Melissa Riley, Todd Claxton, Argene Claxton, and all the
teachers who helped make it correct for the students' success.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Fri, 29 Sep 2023 12:33:54 -0400
Registration is still open for the Agricultural Technology & Equipment ID
CDE. This contest is for students in grades 6, 7, 8 & 9.

Attached is the T-Shirt design for ATE as well. If you have already
registered and want to order shirts, please go back to the event
registration and add shirts to your registration.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:09:09 -0400
Teachers,

The Area 3 and Area 4 ENR CDE Registration is now open on the Agriculture
Education website. Registration will close at 11:00 pm on October 20th.

I have attached a copy of the T-Shirt proof. Don't miss out on an
opportunity to order this one of a kind t-shirt, never offered on the
website. Get'em while supplies last.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Fri, 29 Sep 2023 09:50:40 -0400
Teachers,

Congratulations to the following students and teachers for their
performance in the Area 3 Employment Skills LDE. I have attached the
score sheets
from the three rounds for your viewing pleasure.

The following students will compete in the second round on November 9th at
Camp John Hope for the Area 3 "*Champeenship"*. Registration will be at
4:00 p.m. and start time at 4:30 pm.

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Fri, 29 Sep 2023 09:03:45 -0400
Congratulations to everyone who competed in the Area
3 Floral Design CDE yesterday!
We definitely had a packed house with 31 senior competitors and 30 junior
competitors.

First, THANK YOU to our judges yesterday
Mrs. Penny Stapleton and Mrs. Sharon Ivey

Another BIG THANK YOU to all the teachers who helped with clean up and
getting judges' score sheets tallied.
And, have to add one more THANK YOU to Camp John Hope for hosting
yesterday's events.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Thu, 28 Sep 2023 19:16:42 -0400
Congratulations to everyone who competed in the Area 3 Tractor Operations
CDE today!

Thank you to Kevin Jump and the staff at Camp John Hope for allowing us to
use their facilities

Thank you to all the teachers and students who helped with tear down and

Thank you to Ethan Parks, Area 3 Sentinel and Kristin Wilson for helping
administer the exam and problem solving.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Wed, 27 Sep 2023 16:48:36 -0400
Area 3 Teachers with Tractor Driving Participants

- *Remember to bring your signed waiver forms (copy attached)*
- Attached are the driving times for the Area 3 Tractor Operations and
Maintenance CDE tomorrow. Please arrive at least 15 minutes earlier than
your scheduled time.
- The course is set up beside the activity center at Camp John Hope.
- If you purchased Tractor T-shirts, please bring the money (Check or
exact cash) with you.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:57:34 -0400
Congratulations to everyone who competed in the Area 4 Tractor Operations
CDE yesterday!

Thank you to Toombs County FFA Advisors, Kasey Jackson, Chasity Denmark,
Marlyn Teel and Beth Galloway for allowing us to use their facilities

Thank you to Chasity Denmark and the Toombs County FFA members who helped
me set up the course.

Thank you to all the teachers and students who helped with tear down and

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 27 Sep 2023 10:01:31 -0400
Congratulations to everyone who competed in the Area 4 Floral Design
CDE yesterday!
We definitely had a packed house with 22 senior competitors and 26 junior
competitors.

First, THANK YOU to our judges yesterday
Mrs. Mary Williams and Mrs. Kristian Ellison

Also, THANK YOU to our area officers Nataleigh Belcher and Hadley Saxon.
Another THANK YOU to all the teachers who helped with clean up and getting
judges' score sheets tallied.
And, have to add one more big THANK YOU to Toombs Co, Kasey Jackson, Marlyn
Teel, Chasity Denmark, and Beth Galloway for hosting yesterday's events.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Wed, 27 Sep 2023 09:41:06 -0400
Teachers,

Congratulations to the following students and teachers for their
performance in the Area 4 Employment Skills LDE. I have attached the
score sheets
from the three rounds for your viewing pleasure.

The following students will compete in the second round on November 7th at
Southeastern Technical College in Swainsboro for the Area 4 "*Champeenship"*.
Registration will be at 4:00 p.m. and start time at 4:30 pm.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Wed, 27 Sep 2023 08:53:56 -0400
Hello Teachers,

We have changed the location for Employment Skills for Thursday.

Please meet in the dining hall at CJH at 3:00 pm for registration. LDE
will start at 3:30 pm.

Much Obliged,

BLN
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Mon, 25 Sep 2023 09:16:04 -0400
*Sign In:* 4:00-4:25 PM

*Contest Starts*: 4:30 PM

Please make sure your students arrive on time, as this is a timed event.

*Location*

*Area 4 FFA Floral Design CDE, Sept 26th @ Toombs County Ag Center

*Area 3 FFA Floral Design CDE, Sept 28th @ Camp John Hope in Tabor
Auditorium

*Tools*

*Students should bring their own tools, such as:

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 25 Sep 2023 07:00:00 -0400
Teachers,

Good Monday morning!

Here are some reminders about the Tractor Operations CDE this week.

*Area 4 CDE* will be on Tuesday, September 26 at:
Toombs County Ag Center
523-529 Quint Shrine Rd
Lyons, GA 30436

*Area 3 CDE* will be Thursday, September 28 at:
Camp John Hope FFA-FCCLA Center
281 Hope Entrance Rd
Fort Valley, GA 31030

- *Please check the driving times* that are attached (times were given
on first available time slot)
- Please bring your signed driving waivers (copy attached)
- Please bring payment ($12 each) if you ordered t-shirts (list attached)

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 25 Sep 2023 06:00:00 -0400
Teachers,

Registration for the Agricultural Technology & Equipment ID CDE is now
open. The registration deadline is October 23.

This is a 4-person event for FFA members in grades 6-9. This years' CDE
will focus on electrical wiring for the test, measurement and skill
activity.

Some resources to help you prepare for this CDE can be found at
https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=8027

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Thu, 21 Sep 2023 12:11:44 -0400
I say over and over again, THANK YOU! Thank you, for giving each and every
day, going above and beyond, and putting in that extra mile. We celebrate
you and ask that you help encourage others to follow in your footsteps so
we can celebrate them in the future as an Ag Teacher. God bless each of you
for making a difference in a child's life and being apart of the greatest
profession.
No Replies
Barry Norris
Wed, 20 Sep 2023 13:21:15 -0400
HELLO TEACHERS,

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS FOR PLACING 1ST AND 2ND AT THE
AREA 3 AND 4 LAND JUDGING CDES YESTERDAY. THESE TEAMS WILL COMPETE AT THE
STATE LEVEL OCTOBER 18TH IN MOULTRIE.

IF YOUR TEAM QUALIFIED FOR THE STATE CDE, PLEASE SEE ME AT THE CDES NEXT
WEEK TO GET YOUR EXPO PASSES.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Norris
Tue, 19 Sep 2023 17:17:25 -0400

No Replies
Chris Corzine
Tue, 19 Sep 2023 15:44:23 -0400
This year we have several students who do not speak English as their native
language in Ag classes across our region. Mr. Lastly sent out an email
about the Spanish Speaking Creed LDE at Nationals, and from that Pete
Bennet, Jenkins County Ag Teacher, and Luz Morales, Peach County Ag
Teacher, would like to host an *Invitational Spanish FFA Creed Speaking
LDE* at the

[More ...]
Show Replies 5 Replies
Walt Parks
Tue, 19 Sep 2023 13:00:00 -0400
Teachers,

This is a reminder that the deadline to enter projects at the Sunbelt Expo
is October 1.

Here is the registration LINK <https://forms.gle/VwjV4sSKrxtR2XAt5> to
enter Wood and Metal student projects.

An informational flier is attached.

Walt
No Replies
Walt Parks
Tue, 19 Sep 2023 09:24:00 -0400
Advisors,

Attached are the driving times for the Tractor Operations CDE next week. I
had to adjust a few of the time slots as some of them were doubled up.
Please review this list and let me know if you need to change your time to
an open time slot and/or change student names. If you don't have a
time slot, it will be first come, first drive.

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Fri, 15 Sep 2023 13:33:34 -0400
If you are not a middle school ag teacher hit delete:

Teachers I need some quick help for some work I am doing for the DOE.

Are you using or is your school using You Science? yes or no

Are you or your school using the 6th grade SNIPPET? yes or no

If SNIPPET is being used, how is it being utilized?

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Fri, 15 Sep 2023 10:42:42 -0400
1. Closes on Sept 15 At Midnight- TONIGHT!!!
2. Meats Evaluation CDE <https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=84>
3. *CDE Sign In:* 3:45-4:15 PM
4. *CDE Start Time*: 4:30 PM - Please make sure your students arrive on
time as this is a timed event.
5. *Senior Students:* 3 Placing Classes, 1 Beef Quality and
Yield grading(Ribeye steak) and 25 ID
6. *Junior Students:* 3 Placing Classes and 20ID

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Fri, 15 Sep 2023 08:00:00 -0400
Just a reminder to register your students for the Area Floral Design CDE.
I will not be able to add any late students since I have to pre-order
flowers and other materials for this event.

Thanks, Melissa