Older archives are in /home/arclist/aged-north_through_2008.tar.gz Created 10/02/2002 List_Affiliation CAES Agricultural Education
Show Table of Contents

Christa Steinkamp
Thu, 16 May 2024 12:18:07 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Executive Secretary <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, May 16, 2024 at 11:39 AM
Subject: Area 1 Director and PRC Committee Member
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Good afternoon,
We are currently looking for someone to serve as the Area 1 GVATA Director
and to serve for the next 3 years. Attached are the applications and MOUs.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Thu, 9 May 2024 11:22:39 -0400
*Please submit your order no later than Tuesday, May 21st.*

Note: Please pay particular attention to the Fern section. You have a
couple options this time. They offer the traditional 70 ct flats, but they
also offer a 48 ct flat. This might be a good option for some of you.
Another option they offer is 4.5" ferns. *With this option, you
must order in multiples of 30.* This could be any combo of Boston, Sword,
and/or Macho (10, 10, 10; 30, 0, 0; 12, 12, 6; etc.). *The only requirement
on the 4.5" ferns is that you order in

[More ...]
No Replies
Stan Mitchell
Thu, 2 May 2024 11:30:33 -0400
Teachers,

Attached is the list of Area Officer Applicants that have made it through
round one and will be invited to attend the Area Banquets, take the Area
Officer written test, deliver a one minute speech, and be voted on as a
candidate for Area Officer. The list is in alphabetical order and does not
indicate the rank of the application.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:35:44 -0400
After 17 emails, a phone call, and a text, it appears we might need to
re-open registration. The caterer is good with us calling him back first
thing in the morning. So, I will "un-submit" everyone's registration which
will give you the opportunity to go in and adjust your numbers if you need
to. This will not cancel your registration, it just gives you the option to
edit your registration. I will go in after registration closes and click
submit on all chapter registrations allowing the system to generate an
invoice for you.
If you have any questions, call Stan.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Tue, 30 Apr 2024 10:34:14 -0400
Please register by noon today. Please click submit to generate your invoice.
Here's who's registered so far:
[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]
Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
1420 Experiment Station Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
706-202-0770 cell

On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 12:01 AM Josh Allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Registration is now open for the 2024 Area I & II Awards Banquets!
>
> Please complete your registration on the Ag Ed Event Registration page by
> Tuesday, April 30, 2024 (by noon) if you plan to attend the banquet in your
> Area.
>
> This is an opportunity to

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:18:25 -0400
Good Morning North Region Ag. Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! Attached is the list of Area Officer
Applications
received in the region office. Please review this list to make sure your
student's name is listed and that they are running for the correct office
(Jr. or Sr.).

We will announce those candidates moving on (top 12 senior applicants and
top 5 junior applicants from each area) to the final round in the next
couple of days. Please remember that if your student moves on, they must be
present at the Area Banquet by 5 pm to take

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Tue, 30 Apr 2024 11:59:24 +0000
North Region ag teachers,

It has come to my attention that that the state degree certificates handed out to North Region students during the state FFA convention listed incorrect signatures on the bottom. We are getting new certificates printed, and my plan is to have them to the North Region staff in time to be handed out at the upcoming Area banquets.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:42:50 -0400
Good Afternoon North Region Ag. Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well, and I hope you had some time to recover
from convention before the start of the week! The FY25 POW is now open for
editing. Please be sure to go into your GA Ag Ed account to access your
FY25 POW and make changes for the upcoming school year. *All POWs need to
be filled out and saved by Wednesday, May 15th.*

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Kathrine Patel
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 08:03:22 -0400
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well and that you had a wonderful State
Convention! *Applications are due back to the region office by TODAY,
Monday, April 29th*. You may turn in your student's application by emailing
it to [log in to unmask] or by placing it in the North
Region Dropbox at the region office. Please be sure to include a color
photo with your application of your student in official dress. If you have
any questions, please let me know. I am happy to help!

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 09:21:07 -0400
Good Morning North Region Ag. Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well, and are ready for State Convention! Below
is a list of the North Region Community Service Award applications that
have been received at the region office. If you do not see your school
listed but submitted an application, please let me know ASAP. Thank you so
much, and I'll see you in Macon!

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Mon, 22 Apr 2024 09:30:00 -0400
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! This is a reminder that the due date for
Area Officer Applications is approaching quickly. I apologize, I put the
wrong due date in my last email. *Applications are due back to the region
office by Monday, April 29th*. Please be sure to include a color photo with
your application of your student in official dress. If you have any
questions, please let me know. I am happy to help!

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Mon, 22 Apr 2024 09:07:42 -0400
Good Morning North Region Ag. Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well and had a wonderful weekend! This is just a
reminder that the North Region Community Service Award application is due
to the office *TODAY Monday, April 22nd*. Attached you will find the
guidelines for the application. These applications may be submitted via
[log in to unmask] or be dropped off in
the North Region Dropbox. Please let me know if you have any questions. I
hope you all have a wonderful week, and I look forward to seeing you
in Macon for State Convention!

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Fri, 19 Apr 2024 08:00:00 -0400
Last day to let us know if you would like CDE credential certificates. We
will print them on Monday.

From: Brandon Ray <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 11:07 AM
Subject: Area 1 LDE's at Pepperell High- Parking and Judges Need
To: Josh Allen <[log in to unmask]>

Teachers,
We look forward to seeing all of you for the FFA Speaking LDE's tomorrow
at Pepperell High School (3 Dragon Drive, Lindale, GA). *Please do not
arrive at the school before 3:30. *

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Mon, 25 Mar 2024 10:26:16 -0400
Full results are attached. All Gold Finalists will have the opportunity to
make adjustments to their record books and resubmit them by THIS THURSDAY,
3/28. If your student is listed as a Gold Finalist, expect a scanned copy
of their record book and rubric by the end of today.

Results are listed in alphabetical order by school in each area in each
category (they are not listed in rank order).

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Josh Allen
Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:12:43 -0400
Teachers,
We're excited to see everyone this week. Registration has closed for these
events, but I would like each of you to review the lists below to ensure we
have you registered if you're planning on bringing students. If your plans
have changed, please let us know immediately as this set of events requires
a large number of judges and we want to ensure we are prepared.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:34:32 -0400
Parliamentary Procedure, Conduct of Chapter Meetings, and Discussion Meet
Registration close tonight at 11:00 pm.

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
1420 Experiment Station Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
706-202-0770 cell
No Replies
Josh Allen
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:28:42 -0400
This is what we have on our end. Please send money as soon as possible.
Please let me know if you have paid, but are still on our list.

From: Macedo, Rebecca <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 12:10 PM
Subject: Instructions for Speaking LDEs at Woodland on 3/19
To: Josh Allen <[log in to unmask]>, Stan Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

Can you send out this information to the people who have kids competing
tomorrow at Woodland High School?

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Wed, 13 Mar 2024 07:00:00 -0500
Just another reminder

On Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 8:28 AM Josh Allen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Now that March 1st has passed, I thought I would drop a little more
> sunshine on you.
> Every chapter must submit at least a NCA Form 1. Chapters may also choose
> to submit NCA Form 2. These applications can be found on the
> Degree/Application Manager. This is also where you will submit them.
>
> Josh Allen
> North Region Ag Education
> 1420 Experiment Station

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 15:19:29 -0400
Good Afternoon Teachers,

I am excited to announce the students who have been selected as North Region
Stars. These students will represent the North Region in the Stars Over
Georgia at the State FFA Convention in April. Congratulations to the
following students and schools:

*Star Farmer*
Nathan Johnson
Pickens County High School, Advisors, Ms. Emily Fellenbaum, Mr. Nick
Cantrell, and Mr. Jason Cantrell

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 09:45:17 -0400
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! Attached is the list of FFA Week
Observance Applications
received by the North Region Office. If you turned in an application but do
not see your chapter listed, please let me know ASAP. I hope you all have a
wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Kathrine Patel
No Replies
Josh Allen
Fri, 8 Mar 2024 08:48:00 -0500
We had 130 speakers last night at Madison County High School! Thank you to
Mr. Daniel, Mr. Pedraza and Ms. Elliot for securing rooms and judges. Also,
thank you to the teachers that helped secure judges.
Results are attached.

Area 2 Finals will be Tuesday March 19th at:
Jackson Empower CCC
1952 Winder Hwy
Jefferson, GA 30549

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Fri, 8 Mar 2024 08:00:54 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope all of you are doing well! This is a final reminder that
FFA Week Observance Applications are
due TODAY Friday, March 8th. Attached are the guidelines for
this application. Applications can be turned in as a hard copy via the
North Region dropbox or mail, or may be turned in digitally by emailing a
PDF copy to [log in to unmask] If you have any
questions, please let me know. I am happy to help!

[More ...]
No Replies
Stan Mitchell
Thu, 7 Mar 2024 11:37:51 -0500
The Area 1 and 2 Parliamentary Procedure Events are now open for
registration on the North Region Events Registration page.

Area 1 will be Tuesday, March 26th at Pepperell High School and Area 2 will
be Thursday, March 28th at White County High School. Registration will
begin at 4 and the event will start at 4:30.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Thu, 7 Mar 2024 10:44:42 -0500
Teachers,
Registration is now open for Conduct of Chapter Meetings and will close on
Thursday March 21st.

Area 1 - Tuesday, March 26th at Pepperell High School. Registration
4:00-4:30

Area 2 - Thursday, March 28th at White County High School. Registration
4:00-4:30

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
1420 Experiment Station Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
706-202-0770 cell
No Replies
Josh Allen
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 15:57:09 -0500
Registration will not begin until 4:00. Please see Mr. Daniel's email below.

From: Jason Cantrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Feb 28, 2024, 9:39 AM
Subject: CDE'S At Pickens County
To: Brian Elrick <[log in to unmask]>, Stan Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>,
Kent Benson <[log in to unmask]>, GVATA <[log in to unmask]>

Our school releases at 2:15 and the parking lot will be empty by 3 p.m. If
at all possible try to delay your arrival until at least 3 p.m.
The AG Education CDE will be in the CTAE wing of the High school the
easiest way to that wing would be for you to Find the Greenhouse and

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Tue, 27 Feb 2024 16:28:59 -0500
Thank you Ms. Elliott for arranging this.

*From: *Littleton, Richard W <[log in to unmask]>
*Date: *Friday, January 26, 2024 at 9:01 PM
*To: *
*Subject: *Georgia Vegetative Management Association Scholarship

Here is some information about the GVMA scholarship along with the
application. Just wanted to pass it along for those that may want to apply.

*The Georgia Vegetative Management Association (GVMA) financial scholarship
is intended to promote education and leadership by awarding a minimum of
$2,000 scholarship to a qualified student with the intent of majoring in a
field of study directly related to “Vegetation Management,” i.e. forestry,
horticulture, environmental science, and/or natural resources. The
scholarship recipient will be

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Tue, 6 Feb 2024 07:46:15 -0500
See the attached sheet for the actual number of boxes you should be
receiving today. The message I sent last week was the estimated number of
boxes but in most cases, they were able to lower that number.
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Mon, 5 Feb 2024 18:01:53 -0500
Teachers if you are planning on arriving at Dawson County High School
tomorrow for the agriculture mechanics event at 2:30 or before, please park
all busses in the ag center parking lot to avoid Dawson County bus traffic.
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Fri, 2 Feb 2024 10:50:04 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you are doing well! Attached is the list of proficiency applications
that have been received. If a student's name is highlighted yellow, it
means that they were registered on the events registration page but that we
did not receive their application through the degree application manager.
Please check this list to ensure your applications made it to the
region office for scoring, and *contact me immediately if an application is
missing. *I need to know *by 3:00 pm TODAY* if your application is missing.
Once the applications have been locked by AET in

[More ...]
No Replies
Eric D Rubenstein
Fri, 2 Feb 2024 14:33:29 +0000
Good morning,

I hope that everyone’s Friday is going well. Below is the list of lesson plans that were received yesterday. If your chapter is missing, please let me know so we can ensure your lesson plan is included in the scoring process.

Area 1
Forsyth Central
Cambridge
Wheeler
Northwest Whitfield
Denmark
Calhoun
Heritage
Murray County
North Forsyth
Alexander
Lakeview Ft Oglethorpe
Southeast Whitfield
Sonoraville
Pepperell
Dade County
Mt Zion
Chattooga

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 16:04:10 -0500
Here's what the computer spit out for us. All north region invoices are in
this one document. You should be able to just choose the page your invoice
is on and print just that one page. I felt the need to leave it in MS Word
to give you the ability to make any adjustments necessary for your
bookkeeper to process the invoice (without having to go back and forth with
me to edit it).
If you have questions, or something is an apparent error, please let me
know and we'll get it corrected.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 15:46:05 -0500
*Still working on invoices. Just send us a check when you receive your
invoice.*

*Area 1:* Plugs will be available for pick up at Adairsville High School
from 4:00 - 5:00 pm on Monday February 5th.
Adairsville High School (see campus map)
519 Old Highway 41 NW
Adairsville, GA 30103

*Area 2:* Plugs will be available for pick up at the North Region Office on
Tuesday February 6th. They may be picked up anytime from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm.
Exact location on the farm is subject to change based on weather, but I
have the probable location marked on

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 13:51:12 -0500
Good Afternoon North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! Attached is a list of all
proficiencies registered as of 2/1/2024. Please check to make sure your
student is listed in the correct category and that all information is
also correct. Those categories highlighted in red currently do not have
anyone entered in that category.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 11:11:41 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

Attached are the results for the Area I and Area II Forestry CDEs as well
as keys to both competitions. I would like to extend a great deal of
appreciation to In the Woods Wedding and Events and Whitehall School Forest for
hosting these events. Special thanks to Mr. Jeff Hawkins for helping us
find a new home for our Area I Forestry CDE.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:47:32 -0500
See the attached pdf for the estimated number of boxes per school. I hope
this helps you in determining how to best get your plants back to your
greenhouse (car/truck/trailer).

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
1420 Experiment Station Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
706-202-0770 cell
No Replies
Kent Benson
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:42:05 -0500
Registration is open for Area 1 and Area 2 Poultry Evaluation CDE.

Registration Deadline is Monday, February 26th by 12:00 noon.

Go to the Ag. Ed. Website and log in.

Click on Event Registration.

Guidelines for each event can be found at:
http://georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=87

*Date & Location :*

Area 1 - 2/28, Pickens County HS

Area 2 - 2/29, Banks County HS

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Thu, 1 Feb 2024 10:08:16 -0500
Congratulations to all the FFA members that competed in the Area 2
Livestock Judging CDE!

Thank you to everyone that made this event a success! Thanks to all the
officials and people that supplied classes for the contest.

The top two teams in each division will move on to the state finals March
16th.

*Area 2 Juniors*
1st Place - Madison County Middle FFA
2nd Place - Habersham Central High FFA
1st High Individual - Ava Willoughby, Madison County Middle FFA

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Wed, 31 Jan 2024 11:23:49 -0500
Congratulations to all the FFA members that competed in the Area 1
Livestock Judging CDE!

Thank you to the crew at Rockmart High School and Middle School for hosting
the event. You did a fabulous job! Thanks to all the officials and people
that supplied classes for the contest.

The top two teams in each division will move on to the state finals March
16th.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Tue, 30 Jan 2024 15:53:18 -0500
Teachers,

Registration for the Area 1 and 2 Ag Mechanics CDE will close tonight.
Please register this afternoon if you plan to attend this event.
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Mon, 29 Jan 2024 17:49:45 -0500
Good Evening Area I Teachers,

I hope you are doing well! I apologize for the late notice, but below
are important parking instructions for the Area I Forestry CDE.

When entering In the Woods, please enter through the exit gate (the
second gate from the Rockmart High School). There will be a Do Not Enter
sign, but please ignore that and proceed up the hill to the parking lot
(see attached map and picture). Below is a picture of what the exit gate
looks like. If you are coming from Rockmart High School, you will have to
make a U-turn.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Mon, 29 Jan 2024 14:13:32 -0500
So...I've given out wrong information! The dates for spring plant pickup I
gave last week at Mid-Winter Conference were incorrect.
Area 1 Plant Pickup will be Monday 2/5 at Adairsville High School
Area 2 Plant Pickup will be Tuesday 2/6 at the North Region Ag Ed Office.

I very much apologize for the misinformation and any stress I've caused.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Mon, 29 Jan 2024 11:46:52 -0500
Teachers,

Registration for the Area 1 and Area 2 Ag Education CDE will close on
Thursday 2/1. Below are the schools that have registered for the different
area events.

Please be sure that lesson plan templates are submitted to Dr. Eric
Rubenstein (*[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*) using the following
file name format: *lastname_AGED2024. *If you have any questions or
concerns, please let me know.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Mon, 29 Jan 2024 11:27:17 -0500
Teachers,

Registration for the Ag Mechanics CDE will close tomorrow evening.
Currently, these are the schools that have registered and the number of
students registered per school.

Area 1
Bowdon x 4
Central of Carroll x 4
Creekview x 4
Dade County x 4
Dawson County x 4
Denmark x 4
Pepperell x 4
Ridgeland x 4
Rockmart x 4
Villa Rica x 4

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:56:07 -0500
Nursery Landscape CDE Registration is now open. Register online (gaaged.org
).
T-Shirt orders are listed as a separate event on the Registration page. The
deadline to order T-Shirts is Monday February 12th at 11:59 pm. I've
attached a proof of the shirts to this email.

*Area 1* Nursery Landscape will be held February 28th at Pickens County
High School. On-site registration will be from 4:00 - 4:25 with the CDE
beginning at 4:30.
Online registration deadline for Area 1 is 2/23/24 at 5:00 pm.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:48:09 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! Attached is a list of all
proficiencies registered as of 1/26/2024. Please check to make sure your
student is listed in the correct category and that all information is
also correct. Those categories highlighted in red currently do not have
anyone entered in that category.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Fri, 26 Jan 2024 10:43:48 -0500
Registration for the preliminary speaking events are now open. This
includes Creed, Extemporaneous, Junior and Senior Prepared Public Speaking.

Be sure to refer to the CDE Guidelines, especially for the Prepared
Speaking events
where manuscripts are involved.

The Area 2 events will be held at Madison County High School on
Thursday, March 7th. Registration will begin at 4:00, speaking will begin
at 4:30.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Fri, 26 Jan 2024 08:12:02 -0500
Good Afternoon North Region Teachers,

Registration for the Area I and Area II Forestry CDE *CLOSES
TODAY Friday, January 26th* for both areas. Please be sure to check the CDE
guidelines (attached below) when training your teams. Also attached is the
scantron that is used for this competition as well as instructions on how
to fill it out. *This is the four man forestry event where each student
will compete in all four practicums.* If you have any questions, please do
not hesitate to contact me.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Thu, 25 Jan 2024 10:59:08 -0500
Good Morning Teachers,

Attached are the results of the Area 1 and Area 2 CDE events that were held
over the past two weeks.

Congratulations to the following students as they will be representing the
North Region on the state level. The State CDE will be held at the FFA
Camp on March 2nd.

Area 1
1st Place - Aaron Dickson - Creekview High School, Advisor - Wyatt Wilkie
2nd Place - Wyatt Richards - Pickens County High School, Advisor - Nick
Cantrell

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Wed, 24 Jan 2024 10:58:57 -0500
Good Moring North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! Below is a link for today's Wednesday
Zoom. With proficiencies due right around the corner, today would be an
excellent opportunity to hop on and ask questions. That is just one topic
idea, but we will discuss whatever you need help with! I look forward to
talking to with you this afternoon!

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Wed, 24 Jan 2024 10:58:11 -0500
Teachers,

This is the update on Agriculture Mechanics CDE Registration. Below are
the schools that have registered for the events. Registration will close
on 1/30. Please look over the CDE Guidelines and the CDE Information
Sheet.

Area 1 February 6 at Dawson County High School
Bowdon
Central of Carroll
Dawson County
Denmark
Pepperell
Ridgeland
Rockmart

Area 2 February 13 at Oglethorpe County High School
Apalachee
Habersham Central
NCCA
Oconee County High
Rabun County
White County
Winder-Barrow
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Wed, 24 Jan 2024 10:47:08 -0500
Good Morning Teachers,

I wanted to send an update about the lesson plan submission date. I know
it is listed on the region calendar for today, and it went out in an email
for February 1. The submission date for the Lesson Plans is February 1. I
know some of you may turn them in early but the due date is February 1 (2/1)
No Replies
Kent Benson
Wed, 24 Jan 2024 10:21:52 -0500
Hello Teachers,

Remember that the deadline for the Livestock Judging CDE registration is
Friday.

Remember that the contest registration on the day of the contest is 1:30
pm and we will start at 2:00pm with orientation.

Area 1 is at Rockmart HS Ag Center
Area 2 is at UGA Animal and Dairy Science Arena

Students need to bring a clipboard and # 2 pencils

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Wed, 24 Jan 2024 09:24:22 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well and made it home safely from Macon!
Show Replies 2 Replies
Kathrine Patel
Fri, 19 Jan 2024 13:00:00 -0500
Good Afternoon North Region Teachers,

Registration for the Area I and Area II Forestry CDE is now open.
Registration will close on Friday, January 26th for both areas. Please be
sure to check the CDE guidelines (attached below) when training your teams.
Also attached is the scantron that is used for this competition as well as
instructions on how to fill it out. *This is the four man forestry event
where each student will compete in all four practicums.* If you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Fri, 19 Jan 2024 10:10:19 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you all are doing well! Registration for the Floyd County Young
Farmer Forestry Invitational is now open. This event will be held Thursday,
January 25th and *registration will close TODAY Friday, January 19th*. If
you are interested in attending with your students, please use this link
listed below to complete the Google Form in order to register.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Thu, 18 Jan 2024 12:15:59 -0500
Good Afternoon North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! Attached is a list of all
proficiencies registered as of 1/18/2024. Please check to make sure your
student is listed in the correct category and that all information is
also correct. Those categories highlighted in red currently do not have
anyone entered in that category.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Thu, 18 Jan 2024 08:34:10 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! Below is a list of media plans received to
the North Region Office. If you do not see your school listed and you
believe it to be a mistake, please let me know as soon as possible.

According to the guidelines, late media plans are accepted but will
incur a 10% deduction from the received media plan score for each day it is
late. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I am happy
to help!

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 11:29:05 -0500
Teachers,

TODAY is the last day to order T-shirts for livestock judging team members!

Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463 Office
530-574-3687 Cell
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 10:26:54 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! This is a final reminder that
registration for the Area I and Area II Ag. Communication CDEs is now open
and will *CLOSE TOMORROW Wednesday, January 17th, which means media plans
are due tomorrow as well. *Below are the teams currently registered.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:10:02 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! This is just a reminder that
registration for the Area I and Area II Ag. Communication CDEs is now open
and will *CLOSE Tuesday, January 17th. *Below are the teams currently
registered.

Please remember, *in order to compete in the Area Ag. Communications CDE
teams must complete and submit a media plan* based on this year's
scenario (sent out by Mr. Lastly in October and attached below) by *Tuesday,
January 17th*. Please check the CDE guidelines for more information about
the media plan's format.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Wed, 10 Jan 2024 15:31:47 -0500
Teachers,

I am not sure if this was included in the email that was forwarded from Dr.
Rubenstein so I am attaching it below.

Below is the lesson plan template to be used for the Agriculture Education
CDE. Please remember that Lesson Plans are submitted to Dr. Eric
Rubenstein and are due on February 1st. Registration for this CDE will
also close that day.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Tue, 9 Jan 2024 11:11:25 -0500
Good Morning Teachers,

Registration for the Area 1 and 2 Ag Mechanics CDEs is now open. The CDE
times and locations are listed below. Please look over the CDE information
page that is listed on the Ag Mechanics CDE Page.

Students will need their own welding safety equipment as outlined in the
CDE bulletin, welding rods (3/32, 6011), and safety glasses to take part
in this CDE. All others

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Tue, 9 Jan 2024 11:04:53 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

Registration for the Area I and Area II Forestry CDE is now
open. Registration will close on Friday, January 26th for both areas.
Please be sure to check the CDE guidelines (attached below) when training
your teams. Also attached is the scantron that is used for this competition
as well as instructions on how to fill it out. *This is the four
man forestry event where each student will compete in all four practicums.* If
you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Mon, 8 Jan 2024 14:14:51 -0500
Good Afternoon North Region Teachers,

I hope you all are doing well! Registration for the Floyd County Young
Farmer Forestry Invitational is now open. This event will be held Thursday,
January 25th and *registration will close Friday, January 19th*. If you are
interested in attending with your students, please use this link listed
below to complete the Google Form in order to register.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Mon, 8 Jan 2024 11:03:09 -0500
North Region Livestock Teams,

Registration and T-shirt orders are NOW open!
Contest registration will close on January 25th at 11:00 pm.
T-shirt orders will close on January 16th at 11:00 pm.

Area 1 Contest - January 30th at Rockmart HS Ag Center
990 Cartersville Hwy
Rockmart, GA 30153
Area 2 Contest - january 31st at UGA Animal Science Dairy Arena
2600 Milledge Ave
Athens, GA 30605

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Mon, 8 Jan 2024 09:42:29 -0500
Teachers

This is the last call for EMC CDE Registration. We are no longer taking
Shirt orders at this time. Below is the list of schools that have
registered and ordered shirts. Registration will close tomorrow. If you
have any questions please let me know.

Area 1
Bowdon
Central of Carroll
Chattooga County x 2 shirts
Creekview x 2 shirts
Dawson County
Pickens County

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Fri, 5 Jan 2024 11:53:00 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

This is a final reminder that registration for the Oconee County Alumni
Forestry Invitational is now open. This event will be held Thursday,
January 11th and *registration will close TODAY January 5th.* If you are
interested in attending with your students, please use this link listed
below to complete the Google Form in order to register.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Fri, 5 Jan 2024 08:00:00 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

Registration for the Area I and Area II Forestry CDE is now open.
Registration will close on Friday, January 26th for both areas. Please be
sure to check the CDE guidelines (attached below) when training your teams.
Also attached is the scantron that is used for this competition as well as
instructions on how to fill it out. *This is the four man forestry event
where each student will compete in all four practicums.* If you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Thu, 4 Jan 2024 09:38:53 -0500
Heifer Exhibitors

On behalf of the Commerce FFA, Commerce Middle FFA and Commerce FFA Alumni,
I want to welcome all of our 4-H and FFA exhibitors, family members and
spectators to the Jackson County Agriculture Facility this Saturday for the
AgGeorgia Farm Credit Heifer Show.

Stalling areas will be pre-assigned by county and for the number of entries
that county as a whole submitted.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Wed, 3 Jan 2024 15:45:00 -0500
North Region FFA is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: New Year New Attitude
Time: Jan 3, 2024 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89403534375?pwd=aDgn3tyECftB6f9Dbj65TK743QrAbY.1

Meeting ID: 894 0353 4375
Passcode: 8AtYn9

---

One tap mobile
+13052241968,,89403534375#,,,,*258120# US
+13092053325,,89403534375#,,,,*258120# US

---

Dial by your location
• +1 305 224 1968 US
• +1 309 205 3325 US
• +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
• +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
• +1 360 209 5623 US
• +1 386 347 5053 US
• +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
• +1 507

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Wed, 3 Jan 2024 11:53:57 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you all had a wonderful break! Registration is open for North
Region proficiency award applications. Please register applications on the
CDE Registration site. You must register for *EACH *proficiency application
that you submit to the North Region office for the current school year.
Please complete the registration by Wednesday, January 31, 2024. *Actual
applications are due electronically (not email) to the North Region Office
by February 1st.* No late applications will be accepted.

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Brian Elrick
Wed, 3 Jan 2024 08:42:59 -0500
Good Morning Teachers,

I hope yall had a great Christmas Break. I wanted to update you about the
Area 1 and Area 2 EMC CDE. Currently, the schools listed below are
registered for the event. I have attached the Agenda for the Event and a
copy of the shirt proof. If you want a shirt, I need to know by Friday,
Event Registration will close on Tuesday.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Wed, 3 Jan 2024 08:15:00 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Break! This is a reminder that
registration for the Oconee County Alumni Forestry Invitational is now
open. This event will be held Thursday, January 11th and *registration will
close Friday, January 5th.* If you are interested in attending with your
students, please use this link listed below to complete the Google Form in
order to register.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Wed, 3 Jan 2024 08:12:04 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you all had a wonderful and restful Christmas Break! Registration for
the Area I and Area II Ag. Communication CDEs are now open and will *CLOSE
Tuesday, January 17th. *I apologize for the short turnaround
in registration. Please remember, in order to compete in the Area Ag.
Communications CDE teams must complete and submit a media plan based on
this year's scenario (sent out by Mr. Lastly in October and attached below)
by Tuesday, January 17th. Please check the CDE guidelines for more
information about the media plan's format.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Mon, 18 Dec 2023 11:50:07 -0500
Christmas Card from North Region Office
<https://www.jibjab.com/view/make/a_christmas_carol/b3916fd6-5753-476b-b09e-37753d224aff>
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Tue, 12 Dec 2023 12:00:26 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you all are doing well and are looking forward to Christmas
Break! Registration for the Floyd County Young Farmer
Forestry Invitational is now open. This event will be held Thursday,
January 25th and registration will close Friday, January 19th. If you are
interested in attending with your students, please use this link listed
below to complete the Google Form in order to register.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Tue, 12 Dec 2023 11:55:46 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you all are doing well and are looking forward to Christmas
Break! Registration for the Oconee County Alumni Forestry Invitational is
now open. This event will be held Thursday, January 11th and registration
will close Friday, January 5th. If you are interested in attending with
your students, please use this link listed below to complete the Google
Form in order to register.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Wed, 6 Dec 2023 14:15:06 -0500
Hi North Region Ag. teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! This afternoon will be our last Wednesday
Zoom before Christmas Break. If you have any questions about upcoming
applications or events please feel free to hop on and talk to us for a
little bit. We are happy to help with any of your questions or concerns! We
will be available via the Zoom link below from 4:00 to about 4:30. We hope
you stop in!

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Wed, 6 Dec 2023 11:55:52 -0500
Teacher,

I have attached the Area 1 Scoresheet, I had the print area off. No
results changed, just left the last 3 rows off. Sorry for the confusion.
No Replies
Kent Benson
Wed, 6 Dec 2023 11:54:38 -0500
Vet Science Teams,

Congratulations to all the Vet Science CDE competitors for attending the
contest last night!
A huge thank you to all of our group leaders, judges and area officers.
And a super special thank you Josh Allen for scoring the event.

The results are attached below. The top two teams in both the junior and
seniors contest will advance to the state championships in Perry
February 10th.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Wed, 6 Dec 2023 11:36:54 -0500
Good Morning Teachers,

Attached are the results of the Area 1 and Area 2 Middle and High School
Lawnmower Driving CDE.

I would like to thank Mr. Stan Mitchell for helping with the Middle School
event. Mr. Grande Dinero with the Grasshopper Company for helping with the
High School Event, and for supplying the mowers for the senior event. Mr.
Joshua Willingham for the help with the Area 1 event. Mr. David Yarbrough
and Ms. Lauren Jarrett for allowing us to use their facility.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Tue, 5 Dec 2023 12:15:48 -0500
Vet Science Teams,

Congratulations to all the Vet Science CDE competitors for attending the
contest last night!
A huge THANK YOU to the Summerville Middle FFA Advisor Briana Carmon and
Young Farmer Advisor Lauren Jarrett for hosting the contest. Thank you to
the group leaders, room monitors and area officers for helping the contest
run efficiently.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:54:04 -0500
Teachers,

Today after giving consideration to the number of teams entered in the Vet
Science CDE, we have decided to limit the senior competitors to ONLY 1
practicum each. The contest will be conducted the same in both Area 1 and
Area 2. This decision was made on the need to get all of you home at a
reasonable hour.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 14:41:11 -0500
Teachers,

Attached is the updated registration list of Lawnmower Operations.
Registration will close tonight.

The driving courses will be set up to drive at 2:30 on the day of the
event.

*Please bring the following items to the CDE.*
Signed Release From
Safety Glasses
Hearing Protection. * AirPods or Wireless Earbuds are not hearing
protection.*

*Area 1*
Chattooga County Ag Center
33 Middle School Rd, Summerville, GA

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Wed, 29 Nov 2023 11:38:12 -0500
Good Afternoon,
We'll be here this afternoon at 4:00 to answer any questions or address any
concerns you might have.
You're so close you can see the end of the first semester!!!

──────────
North Region FFA is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89800175500?pwd=S2E1ID3EUxn5KKmsakCTa8l1zD53xs.1

Meeting ID: 898 0017 5500
Passcode: 4Bvntj

---

One tap mobile
+13092053325,,89800175500#,,,,*121771# US
+13126266799,,89800175500#,,,,*121771# US (Chicago)

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 12:58:31 -0500
Vet Science Registration is open, BUT WILL CLOSE at 5:00PM today.

Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463 Office
530-574-3687 Cell
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:20:42 -0500
Teachers,

Registration for the Area 1 and Area 2 EMC CDE is now open. Registration
will close for these events on Wednesday, January 9th. I have attached the
Proof for the shirt for this year. The shirts will be long sleeved this
year and will be $15.00.

The events will be held at the following Locations.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Mon, 27 Nov 2023 15:04:03 -0500
Good Afternoon North Region,

I hope you are all doing well and had a wonderful Thanksgiving Break!
This is just a reminder that the Agricultural Communications media plan is
due to the North Region office on Wednesday, January 25th. Please send your
media plans to [log in to unmask] Registration for the
CDE will open later in December. Attached are the CDE guidelines and this
year's media plan scenario. If you have any questions, please let me know.
I am happy to help!

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Mon, 27 Nov 2023 14:49:45 -0500
Teacher,

I have attached a list of schools and students that are registered for the
Area Lawnmower CDE. These events will be held next Monday and
Tuesday. *Registration for
these events will close on Wednesday. *

Please bring the following items to the CDE.
Signed Release From
Safety Glasses
Hearing Protection. * AirPods or Wireless Earbuds are not hearing
protection.*

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Fri, 17 Nov 2023 11:29:27 -0500
I've attached a powerpoint for both the junior and senior plant id portions
from the area floriculture events this week.

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
1420 Experiment Station Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
706-202-0770 cell
No Replies
Josh Allen
Fri, 17 Nov 2023 10:51:35 -0500
Thank you Mrs. Rachel Dunaway and the administration and students at Rome
High School. They made us all feel welcome and comfortable. They did an
outstanding job securing rooms and providing snacks in order that we could
have a wonderful event.
I would like to thank the teachers who jumped in and served as group
leaders. The event wouldn't have run as smoothly if these teachers hadn't
volunteered to help out.
Also, please note that results would have been out much earlier if there
weren't so many score sheets with bubbling errors.
Now, for what you're really waiting for...the results.

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Fri, 17 Nov 2023 09:03:53 -0500
Good Morning Teachers,

The Area 1 FFA Quiz CDE was held yesterday at Rome High School.

Congratulations to the top two individuals who will be moving on to the
state contest at ABAC on December 9.

First Place - Campbell Crutcher, Ridgeland High School, Advisor - Mr. Peter
Davis
Second Place - Owen Freeman, Clear Creek Middle School, Advisor - Ms.
Katelyn Smith
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Fri, 17 Nov 2023 08:00:00 -0500
Good Morning Area I Teachers,

Attached are the Area I Wildlife CDE Results. I would like to extend a
special thank you to Rome High School for hosting our events and to
Mrs.Rachel Dunaway and her FFA Officers for helping with set-up and
cleanup. Another special thank you to Mr. Nick CAntrell, Mr. Phillp Cherry,
Mr. Joshua Boydston, Mr. Bennett Jacobs, and Mr. Stan Mitchell for running
practicum rooms and to Ms. Samantha Wilhoite for helping man the computer
entries. Also, thank you to our Area Officers Levi Layton, Cole Kopcsak,
and Kallie Reynolds for serving as runners. This competition

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Thu, 16 Nov 2023 09:34:59 -0500
Teachers,

Sorry for the delay on the results for the Area 2 FFA Quiz. I was out of
the office yesterday at an EMC wiring training. Attached are the results
for the event.

Congratulations to the top two individuals who will be moving on to the
state contest at ABAC on December 9.

First Place - Aubri Menard, Jackson-Empower, Advisor - Mr. Anthony Brooks
Second Place - Grace Lacy, Union County Middle, Advisor - Whitney Watchorn
No Replies
Kathrine Bell
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 12:13:33 -0500
Good Afternoon Area II Teachers,

Attached are the Area II WildlifeCDE Results. I would like to extend a
special thank you to Franklin County High School for hosting our events and
to Mrs. Taylor Brown, Mrs. Anna Watkins, Mr. Cale Watkins, and Mr. Eric
Sahagun for helping us set up. Another special thank you to Dr. Marcus
Pollard, Mr. Zach Free, Mr. Alex Holman, Mr. Jimmy Mock, and Mr. Stan
Mitchell for running practicum rooms, and thank you to our Area Officers
Leyton Morris and Arwen Bratten for serving as runners/helping clean up.
This competition would not have been possible

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:40:57 -0500
I am in desperate need of teacher help for the Area 1 Floriculture event
tomorrow. We need 8 group leaders for the Junior event (4 for each flight)
and 4 group leaders for the Senior event.
Please let me know if you are willing to help.

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
1420 Experiment Station Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
706-202-0770 cell
No Replies
Josh Allen
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 11:13:27 -0500
Thank you to Mrs. Taylor Brown, Mr. Cale Watkins, Mr. Eric Sahagun and the
students at Franklin County High School. They made us all feel welcome and
comfortable. They did an outstanding job securing rooms and securing food
trucks in order that we could have a wonderful event.

Results would have been out much earlier if we didn't have to correct (or
at least attempt to correct) errors on the scantron forms and fix names
that were not bubbled in correctly. There were 110 errors on the senior
sheets and 337 errors on the Junior sheets. We also checked every

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 09:59:16 -0500
North Region FFA is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Zooming with Brian
Time: Nov 15, 2023 04:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82777871409?pwd=UroMSvdUpkPOGvhVM1NGBIunYyMK8B.1

Meeting ID: 827 7787 1409
Passcode: JG4A2d

---

One tap mobile
+13126266799,,82777871409#,,,,*271107# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,82777871409#,,,,*271107# US (New York)

---

Dial by your location
• +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
• +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
• +1 646 931 3860 US
• +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
• +1 305 224 1968 US
• +1 309 205 3325 US
• +1 360 209 5623 US

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Wed, 15 Nov 2023 09:44:57 -0500
Teachers,

The Lawnmower that we will be using at the Area CDE are listed below. I
will send out an update on registration tomorrow. Registration will close
11/29.

Sr Lawnmower: Grasshopper 325D/ 61" cut with a rear discharge

Middle School: John Deere S110/ 42" cut with a side discharge
No Replies
Kent Benson
Tue, 14 Nov 2023 10:31:12 -0500
Is there anyone else ordering Vet Scie T shirts? I would l;ike to order
them tomorrow afternoon. Get your order in by noon tomorrow please!

Thanks,

Kent
Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463 Office
530-574-3687 Cell
No Replies
Kent Benson
Mon, 13 Nov 2023 09:08:26 -0500
Congratulations Denmark Agriculture Program!

Denmark became Industry Certified on November 9th in Veterinary Science!
Congratulations on 2 big weeks in a row! The first team from Georgia to
ever win the National Vet Science CDE!

Great job Shelly, Jessica and Donovan. What an awesome team!

Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463 Office
530-574-3687 Cell
No Replies
Josh Allen
Fri, 10 Nov 2023 14:36:07 -0500
Here is the list of schools that I have a record of submitting a Spring
plant order. If you're not listed (and need to be) please let me know ASAP.

[image: image.png]

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
1420 Experiment Station Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
706-202-0770 cell
No Replies
Josh Allen
Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:15:15 -0500
Below are the *144* teams I have registered for next week's event. Please
verify that your school is on the list. If your plans have changed and you
will not be participating, please let me know ASAP so I don't waste
resources preparing packets for your chapter.

Area 2 SENIOR 32
Chapter Name Quantity Registered
Alcovy 4
Apalachee 4
Archer 4
Athens Christian 4
Barrow Arts & Sciences Academy 4
Brookwood 4
Cedar Shoals 4
Commerce 4
Eastside 4
Franklin County High 4
Grayson 4
Habersham Central 4
Jackson-Empower 4
Jefferson City 4
Loganville High 4
Lumpkin County 4
Madison

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:41:53 -0500
Good Morning Teachers,

I am sorry for the delay in getting this out. Registration for Area 1 and
Area 2 Lawnmower Operations CDE is now open. Registration will close on
November 29 at Midnight. Both events will be set up and ready to drive by
2:30 on the day of the event.

Area 1 Lawnmower Operations CDE
Location: Chattooga County Ag Center, 33 Middle School Rd, Summerville GA
Date: Monday, December 4

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Fri, 10 Nov 2023 08:32:13 -0500
Hi my Teacher Friends!
I know you will be in a rush to lock the door behind you today and start
your weekend, but it is the 10th! Please take just a split second to
complete your monthly reports.

Are ya'll looking forward to Thanksgiving break as much as me????

Have a great weekend!

Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463 Office
530-574-3687 Cell
No Replies
Kent Benson
Fri, 10 Nov 2023 08:25:54 -0500
Vet Science Teams,

Get Your Vet Science Teams Registered Now! Deadline is November 28th, but
it would be great to have ALL Teams registered before Thanksgiving break!
Teams that are registered are below.

ALSO, T shirt orders will be sent in next week. Deadline to order is
November 15th.

*Area 1 Juniors*
Central of Carroll
Cherokee County
Clear Creek Middle
Dawson County Middle
Denmark High
Forsyth Central
Mt. Zion
North Forsyth Middle
Ringgold
Rockmart
Rockmart Middle
Rossville Middle
Temple Middle

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Thu, 9 Nov 2023 15:29:04 -0500
From: Lauren Jarrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 10:19 AM
Subject: GVATA Area 1 and Area 4 Director
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

Dear fellow GVATA members,

Both the *Area 1 and Area 4 Directors* will be rolling off the Board at the
conclusion of the GVATA Summer Conference in 2024. Thank you for allowing
us to serve as your Area Representative for the past three years. If we
can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please let us know.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Bell
Tue, 7 Nov 2023 09:22:25 -0500
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

Registration for the Area I and Area II Wildlife Management CDE is now
open. Registration will close TODAY, 11/7, for both areas. Below are the
teams currently registered as well as the number of students registered for
each team and the number of t-shirts ordered (if any).

Please be sure to check the CDE guidelines (attached below) when
training your teams. *Remember, this competition is now one section per
student. Students will specialize in Whitetail Deer Management, Game Bird
Management, Aquatic Management, or General ID and only be responsible for
the section they specialize in.*

[More ...]
No Replies
Brian Elrick
Mon, 6 Nov 2023 19:47:26 -0500
Good Evening Teachers,

Registration for FFA Quiz will close on Wednesday, November 8th at
midnight. The dates and locations of the CDE are listed below. Please see
the attached sheets to see if you have registered for the CDE

Area 2
Franklin County High School November, 14.
6570 Ga Hwy 145, Carnesville, GA 30521
Registration at 4:00
CDE Begins at 4:30

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Mon, 6 Nov 2023 10:18:07 -0500
You will find a list of teams registered attached to this message. PLEASE
check the list. There are several schools that have less than 4 students
registered and several schools that have not clicked the submit button for
their registration. Please take care of this by the registration
deadline of 11/9/23 at 11:00 pm.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Mon, 30 Oct 2023 07:00:00 -0400
All orders must be in by 10 AM this morning.

[image: image.png]

Josh Allen
North Region Ag Education
1420 Experiment Station Road
Watkinsville, GA 30677
706-202-0770 cell
No Replies
Kathrine Bell
Fri, 27 Oct 2023 12:05:48 -0400
Good Afternoon North Region Teachers,

Registration for the Area I and Area II Wildlife Management CDE is now
open. Registration will close on 11/7 for both areas. Below are the teams
curretly registered as well as the number of students registered for each
team an dthe number of t-shirts ordered (if any).

Please be sure to check the CDE guidelines (attached below) when
training your teams. *Remember, this competition is now one section per
student. Students will specialize in Whitetail Deer Management, Game Bird
Management, Aquatic Management, or General ID and only be responsible for
the section they specialize in.*

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Kent Benson
Fri, 27 Oct 2023 10:11:23 -0400
Employment Skills Contestants,

Congratulations to all that competed last night in the Employment Skills
LDE! Thank you to the Etowah FFA and Ashley Rivers for being a fantastic
host. Also thank you to the Area Officers for the help keeping the contest
running smoothly.
The top two individuals will compete at the state finals December 9th at
ABAC.

[More ...]
No Replies
Stan Mitchell
Fri, 27 Oct 2023 09:35:58 -0400
Teachers,

Thank you to all who participated in the Area 1 Farm and Agribusiness
Management competition last night at Etowah High School. A special thanks
to Mrs. Ashley Rivers for the work she put into hosting the event including
helping to secure judges and providing an on-site meal option. Thank you
also to Area Officer Emma Dewey for helping with proctoring.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Bell
Fri, 27 Oct 2023 08:28:12 -0400
Good Morning Area I Teachers,

Attached are the Area I Ag. Sales CDE results. I would like to extend a
special thank you to Etowah High School for hosting our events and to Mrs.
Ashley Rivers for helping us set up and being such a wonderful hostess!
This event would not have been possible with the help of Mr. Josh Allen,
all of our wonderful judges, and our Area Officer Ms. EmmaKate Trusty -
thank you so much! I know it was a long night, so I would also like to
thank everyone for their time and the ag. teachers

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Bell
Thu, 26 Oct 2023 10:04:26 -0400
Good Morning Area I Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! For those of you with students competing
in the Area I Ag. Sales CDE later today, please make sure your students
have pencils in order to take their exam. They will be using scantrons, and
pens will not work.

Also, if for some reason your team will not be competing as planned,
please shoot me a text at 706-247-2703 to let me know so that I can better
prepare our judges for the number of students they will see in their room.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Bell
Wed, 25 Oct 2023 11:21:46 -0400
Good Morning North Region Teachers,

I hope you are all doing well! The good news is that you have all almost
made it through October - which I always think is a huge accomplishment! As
you look ahead to the next couple of months before a much deserved break,
think about some of the things that might be looming that you are unsure
about, and let's talk about them. Below is the link for today's Wednesday
Zoom meeting. Feel free to hop on, ask your question, and then leave the
meeting to tackle other things.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:56:37 -0400
This show is open to all youth that exhibit beef cattle in the counties of
District II Georgia Farm Bureau: Banks, Elbert, Franklin, Habersham,
Hall, Hart, Jackson, Lumpkin, Madison, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union, and
White.