Created 03/11/1996 List_Affiliation Conchologists of America (COA) CONCH-L is a forum for informal discussions of molluscan biology, taxonomy, natural history, evolution, conservation, and collection related subjects. The list is sponsored by the Conchologists of America (COA), and hosted by the University of Georgia. Archived list messages can be viewed on the web at: https://listserv.uga.edu/archives/conch-l.html The list is maintained by Amy Edwards amylynedw@gmail.com
Show Table of Contents

Karlynn Morgan
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 19:00:03 -0400
Dear Listers
The COA Website is down and has been for a few days now.  The
administrators are aware of the problem and are working hard to fix the
issue.  We are not the only ones affected.  Hopefully things will be up
and running again soon.
Karlynn
NC - USA
Show Replies 8 Replies
Karlynn Morgan
Tue, 23 Apr 2024 13:28:01 -0400
Posting for Wanda Coker:

Our Melbourne convention is fast approaching, June 12-16. Many people
have been continually working hard to make this the best COA yet and the
last two years will be hard to beat!!!
We need a few volunteer helpers for during the convention….Raffle ticket
sales, silent auction set up and take down. These times should not
interfere with any of the programs. The more people we have helping with
silent auction, the less time any one person has to volunteer. If you
are willing to help for 15-20 minutes please let me know by text or
phone

[More ...]
Show Replies 2 Replies
<>
Sat, 20 Apr 2024 17:02:05 -0400
<https://olram9.wixsite.com/letstalkseashells/copy-of-template-453>
Cumingia vanhyningi | letstalkseashells (olram9.wixsite.com)

Marlo
Show Replies 2 Replies
John Jacobs
Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:55:41 -0400
Hi all,

I created a new facebook page called "Molluscs on Currency". It covers the
topical collecting of coins, tokens, medals & banknotes depicting molluscs
of all kinds. If you have an interest in this area, please check it out. I
started it off with the just released today of a new Austrian coin
depicting a snail and an ammonite.

[More ...]
No Replies
Pearce, Timothy
Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:27:00 +0000
For more information about the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) malacologist position, please contact Josh Campbell <[log in to unmask]>.
No Replies
Pearce, Timothy
Tue, 16 Apr 2024 21:23:36 +0000
Job opportunity: Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) malacologist will serve as the Tennessee mussel program coordinator. The position focuses primarily on freshwater mussels and snails in Tennessee and will help coordinate production and mussel augmentations/reintroductions out of TWRA's mussel propagation facility (Cumberland River Aquatic Center). The position will be under TWRA's Biodiversity Divisionhttps://stateoftn-careers.ttcportals.com/jobs/14231731-wildlife-manager-4-04162024-56979. Note that the posting on the Tennessee job site is very generic but be assured it is for the TWRA malacologist position. A more specific job posting sheet may become available, but given the short time to the closing date, I send you what I know now

[More ...]
No Replies
<>
Tue, 16 Apr 2024 17:04:37 -0400
Triptychus niveus
<https://olram9.wixsite.com/letstalkseashells/copy-of-turbonilla-conradi>

Crassinella lunulata
<https://olram9.wixsite.com/letstalkseashells/copy-of-template-398>

Crassinella martinicensis
<https://olram9.wixsite.com/letstalkseashells/copy-of-template-398>

Field Trip to Salt Run St. Augustine
<https://olram9.wixsite.com/letstalkseashells/copy-of-template-452>

Marlo
Show Replies 12 Replies
Ravinesh R
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 19:38:08 +0530
Dear all,
If anyone has this full paper PDF. Please send it to me.
Journal of Conchology https://conchsoc.org/journal
<https://conchsoc.org/journal>website 1989 volumes are missing.

Poutiers J.M. (1989) Note sur le genre Dacrydium Torell, 1859 dans l'Océan
Indien (Mollusques Bivalves: Mytilidae), avec description de deux espèces
nouvelles. Journal of Conchology 33: 209-217

Regards
Ravinesh R
*Phone No: +919962043101. *
*Email: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*
*website <http://www.abisys.in/ravinesh.html>; *ResearchGate
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ravinesh_R>; Google Scholar
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=CiTxqEkAAAAJ>; Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/ravinesh.ar/>; Twitter
<https://twitter.com/Dr_Ravinesh>; scopus
<https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=54420867500>; youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCODSfe5_Y9ssP2UH77-6_JA>
Show Replies 1 Reply
Moshe Erlendur Okon
Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:28:47 +0300
Both appear on the Net. WoRMS has 1844, but the original description is
"Not documented".
The BHL has a book by Chenu & Delessert from 1844 (in French), but the
species does not seem to be described therein:
https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/search?searchTerm=Chenu%201844&tinc=&searchCat=&stype=F&lname=&ninc=&vol=&yr=&subj=&sinc=&lang=&col=&nt=&ntinc=&txt=&txinc=&ppage=1&apage=1&kpage=1&npage=1&facet=FacetItemAuthors_Chenu,%20Jean-Charles,&facet=DateRanges_1826-1850&facet=FacetItemKeywords_Mollusks#/titles
Any ideas?
Moshe Erlendur
Show Replies 6 Replies
Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:49:11 +0000
Thank you, John and David,

Glad to hear it rates well, as compared to:
Mary Roberts 1851 -
A Popular History of the Mollusca; Comprising a Familiar Account of their Classification, Instincts, and Habits, and of the Growth and Distinguishing Characters of their Shells.

Les

From: Jim Carlton <[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >

Subject: Re: [CONCH-L] Harry Lee

Date: January 8, 2024 at 4:42:40 PM EST

To: Conchologists List <[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >

A gentleman and a true scholar of the first order. One of our deepest
fountains of malacological knowledge, historical and modern. A shocking and
unexpected loss.

Harry was Williams College class of 1962. As a Williams College faculty
member, it was a further special privilege to correspond with him all these
years.

[More ...]
Show Replies 18 Replies