From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:43:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Does millaria germanica equal US mile?
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:30:20 +0200
From: "Baarnhielm, Goran" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
There is at least one website with
"Mathematical data for bibliographic descriptions of cartographic
materials and spatial data"
http://www.kb.nl/kb/resources/frameset_kb.html?/kb/skd/skd/mathemat.html
and there you will find that the German geographic mile is 7.42
kilometers. This would be 4.6 statute miles which I suppose is the same
as the American.
Best regards
 Göran Bäärnhielm, Map Curator
 Kungl. biblioteket - The Royal Library - National Library of Sweden
 P.O. Box 5039, SE-102 41 Stockholm, Sweden
 Tel.: +46-8-463 4180. Fax: +46-8-463 4328.
 E-mail: [log in to unmask]