DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Amor V.M. Ines" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 14:51:52 +0700
Hi,

I think there is no problem with the procedure.  My question is, how would
you proceed with the calibration? Manually?  The soil module in DSSAT i
think would automatically arrived at the soil parameters but in many cases
you need still to adjust them, some parameters are representation of the
hydraulic properties of the soil like the drained lower and upper limits,
drainage contant, among others.  I guess you have measured these in your
experiment.  You may proceed with your procedure but bear in mind that the
soil water dynmamics in DSSAT was assumed to be in a free-draining soil
column. So if your soil system is influenced by high water table or poor
lateral drainage, you might encounter some problems matching the simulated
and measured soil water.  I am not sure with the new version of DSSAT if
these are already included.

Best regards,

Amor

P.S. would anybody in the list is interested to a young, enthusiastic doctor
[PhD(Eng.)] to work in one of their projects? he's interested in sytems
integration especially to regional scale applications:-). same