DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Dr. R. K. Panda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 13:05:13 +0530
Dear All,

   We are trying to study the effect of varying soil water stress during different growth stages of crop on yield parameters. In fact, we would like to apply stress during the non-critical stages of growth and have water saving without sacrificing the yield. We are trying to modify the water balance subroutines of DSSAT3.5 version of the SUBSTOR-potato model for the purpose. The automatic mode of irrigation in the present version does not have provision to apply different depletions of available soil water at different growth stages.
 We tried to modify the "substor.for", "irrig.for", and "watbal.for" subroutines. We have designed an algorithm to achieve our objective but are not aware of how to link the changed subroutine with the main program of DSSAT3.5. While building the exe file for the original "substor.for" subroutine, we get an error message as given below.

 We would appreciate any help in the matter.

 ERROR MESSAGE

 Compiling...

 D:\PROJECT\POTATO\SUB35\SOURCE\OPDAY.FOR

D:\PROJECT\POTATO\SUB35\SOURCE\OPDAY.FOR(610) : error F2374: 'CARHEAD' redefinition; multiple initialization

 FL32 returned error code 2.

PTSUB980.EXE - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Thanks in advance for the help.

R. K. Panda

Dr. R. K. Panda
Associate Professor
Agricultural and Food Engineering Department
Indian Institute of Technology
Kharagppur, W. B., INDIA
Email: [log in to unmask]
Ph. +91-3222-83138 (O) ; 83139 (H); 778111 (H)
Fax: +91-3222-82244