DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Boote,Kenneth J" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Boote,Kenneth J
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:02:53 -0400
All,

I don't think Jon is right on this.  I think that if you specify the FAO-56 ET option and only have SRAD, Tmin, Tmax, and rainfall, the model will still run FAO-56, but it does this with the assumption that Tdew is equal to Tmin, and with a default windspeed that is buried in the code somewhere.

Jon is right in saying that you should really only use Priestley-Taylor in this case.  But I think the model runs FAO-56 with the two assumptions that I indicated.

Happy computing,
Ken Boote