DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Giovanni Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Giovanni Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 22:05:45 +0300
Dear all,

While it is true that a number of assumptions are made in order to use
the FAO Penman-Monteith equation with limited data sets, it has been
proven that still the differences in results between using Penman-
Monteith with full data as opposed to limited data sets are however
smaller than the differences when using any alternative ETo equation,
including Priestley-Taylor.

You can find further details on this topic at:

http://www.fao.org/docrep/X0490E/x0490e06.htm#need%20for%20a%20standard%20eto%20method

Regards,

Giovanni Munoz
FAO