DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Sebastian Munz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:05:02 +0100
Dear all,

I am currently working on shade adaptation reactions of bush bean in
order to simulate intercropping.
I calibrated the CropGro_DryBean model with a non-shaded treatment.
All dry matter and development parameters were precisely calibrated.

Then I applied shading treatments (we made them with shading nets of
different intensity) via the environmental modifications option in
XBUILD.
The model can predict really accurately the POD DRY MATTER of all
shading treatments, but all other dry matter paramters (LEAF, STEM and
TOTAL DRY MATTER) are largely underestimated.
-> Can somebody explain me this model behaviour?

Secondly I would like to know if Specific Leaf Area is influencing
photosynthesis in CROPGRO apart from its direct effect on the LEAF
AREA INDEX?

Thirdly I would like to know if it is possible to modify DSSAT to only
simulate diffuse radiation? In order to represent the growth
environment of the shading experiment more realistically.

I am very much looking forward to your reply,

best regards,

Sebastian

Dipl.-agr.biol. Sebastian Munz
Institut für Kulturpflanzenwissenschaften
Fachgebiet Allgemeiner Pflanzenbau (340a)
Universität Hohenheim
Fruwirthstr.23
70599 Stuttgart
Tel.: 0711-45922359