DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
dixit prakash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:43:00 +0000
Dear Mr Asim Normally the problem is with formatting please check your format also check the weather file name in File X and in weather directory (make sure it is same). you can check your format with the standard weather files already available in the weather directory. Always use F9 key to remake the list.Also please change your file name to something which has characters and numerals both. Also make sure that you have the weather data starting from the date of simulation and until the end of simulation (a few days more than harvest date). I hope it will work . These problems are very common in most of the cases there is problem with the name of file in File X or insufficient data.etc etc. Please do that and then let us know what happenned.
Regards
P.N.Dixitl
  James Hansen <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Dear Muhammad,

There are quite a few potential reasons for weather file (i.e., IPWTH)
errors. The "-99" at the beginning of the weather file name normally
indicates a missing value. I suspect that you either did not enter a
station in the *FIELDS section (under the header, WSTA....), or that its
column position or some other formatting error prevented DSSAT from
identifying it correctly. I hope this helps.

muhammad asim wrote:

> Dear members,
>

> I am using CERES-Wheat model within DSSAT35 for simulating
> the growth of wheat in Islamabad zone. After running the
> simulation an error was found that is:
>

> File not found. Creat input
> file
> File: -990201.WTH Line: 1 Error key: IPWTH
>

> Such message is described as MISC 6416 in Table 7 (Vol 2)
> describing Important error messages. What was the solutuion
> for this problem?
>

> Thank you in advance for any help.
>

> MUHAMMAD ASIM

Regards,
--
Dr. James W. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist - Agricultural Systems

voice: +1-845-680-4410
fax: +1-845-680-4864
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
WWW: http://iri.columbia.edu/cgi-bin/ForOne.cgi?jhansen