DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
vasiraju murthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:07:36 +0530
Dear Juan,

Best wishes,

Can i have the information on Latitude and longitude of the location of your
field experiment ? I may be of some help in this regard once i have this
information because i have  worked on soybean for considerable time  and one
  of my students also worked on the same crop for their Masters programme.

Murthy.

>From: Juan Pablo Monzon <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Modelling intercrops
>Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:37:24 -0700
>
>  My name is Juan and I am trying to simulate the performances of a
>wheat/soybean intercrop.  The design of the intercrop (or relay intercrop)
>is 3:1 and has a distance of 75cm, I have 3 rows of wheat to 17,5cm of
>distance and 1 row of soy to 17,5cm of distance from the rows of wheat and
>again the same design.  The soy is sown 30 days before the harvest of the
>wheat.  Because of the design, the wheat fails to capture the totality of
>the radiation and the soy grows inside the wheat during 25-30 days until
>the wheat harvest and during this period the
>soy receives less radiation than the one that would receive it if sown
>alone.
>Any idea for this simulation is welcome.
>Greetings Juan Pablo Monzon

Are you a cricket freak? CDs, books, and more goodies!
http://www.msn.co.in/Shopping/CricketShop/ Available at the cricket shop!