DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Andre du Toit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 08:39:13 +0200
Hallo Randall
When we connected CERES-Maize to a GIS of one of the provincial Agric
Dept's, we made some adjustments to increase the speed. To eliminate
the number of files that need to be open or closed, we developed
a interface that write the input data directly, form the GIS, to the
*.inp and then run CERES-Maize with the following command
<GECER940.EXE IBSNAT30.INP I S 1>. With the interface all output
files were switch of except  the Summary.out file. We also recompiled
GECER940.exe with a Lahey fortran 90 compiler in 32 bit mode,
optimazing the program for speed. Then we use it with smartdrive. With
everything we have done we had decrease simulation time by 2/3.

Read and write from the hard disk is the stuff that take up the most
time. If you optimize this, you could go a long why in saving time.

I hope this help a bit.

Regards
Andre