DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 21:00:46 -0500
Dear DSSAT members:

As many of you know, we have not held our traditional DSSAT Crop Modeling
Training Workshop for the last two years, mainly due to software
changes.  Although we are still working on the development of DSSAT Version
4.0. we would like to announce that our 2002 Training Workshop will
tentatively be held from December 9 through December 20, 2002 at the
University of Georgia Griffin Campus in Griffin, Georgia.  The workshop
will cover the new DSSAT Cropping Systems Model, as well as the analysis
programs, including seasonal/risk analysis and crop
rotations/sequencing.  Applications that we will discuss are the use of the
model for climate change and climate variability, carbon sequestration,
sustainability, precision farming, and various others.  There will also be
ample opportunities to work on your data sets and obtain input from the
"trainers."  Depending on the number of participants, the trainers will
include Jim Jones, Ken Boote, Bill Batchelor, Tony Hunt, Upendra Singh,
Paul Wilkens, Gerrit Hoogenboom and others.

The final registrations fees have not yet been determined, but will
probably range between $ 1,200 and $ 1,500; these fees will include a copy
of the new DSSAT Version 4.0.  The participants will be responsible for
their own travel, hotel, meals and other related expenses.  The Griffin
Campus is located about 35 miles south of the Atlanta International
Airport.  More details about the workshop and local arrangements will be
provided later.

If you are interested in participating, please contact me
([log in to unmask]) directly.  Please do NOT respond to this
e-mail message!  Please distribute this message to others who might be
interested in attending this workshop.

Happy New Year and we hope to see you at the workshop!

Regards,

Gerrit

Gerrit Hoogenboom
Professor
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
The University of Georgia
165 Gordon Futral Court
Griffin, Georgia 30223-1797, USA

Phone: 770-229-3438