DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Steven Mauget <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Mauget <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:51:28 -0600
Dear DSSAT Users:

Iım planning to use DSSAT4 to model cotton production using 30 years of
weather data from  4 sites in west Texas ­ 120 cropping years total.  My
problem is that in reading the DSSAT4 Vol2 pdf and the Xbuild help file it
seems that creating the 120 COX Filex files necessary for all those model
runs  might be kind of labor-intensive. That is, in my reading of how Xbuild
works, Iıll have to assign one weather file to each Filex file, and repeat
this for all of the 4 stationıs 30 cropping years. Or, I might create a
single template COX file and edit it to assign the different yearıs data for
each of the 4 weather station sites. But either way I use Xbuild 120 times
to create 120 COX files. I was wondering (hoping) if there was some way that
Xbuild could loop over the 30 years of  weather data for each of the
stations to create 30 COX files at once, but  the instructions and the
Xbuild GUI do not suggest that is possible.

Am I reading the instructions wrong? If not, does anyone have any
suggestions for creating 120 FileEX files that involves less work?

Thanks for the help and advice,

Steve Mauget