DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Tom Hodges <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:42:20 +0000
Take a good look at the GUICS program by Mironenko and Pachepsky.  It
took me only about a week to install SimPotato into it even tho it was
developed for Glycim, which has a very different set of input/output
files.  GUICS uses a system of script files to identify and describe
the contents/format of the input files so it is pretty flexible.  At
least it has many or most of the features that you would want in a
user interface.

A version of GUICS can be downloaded thru my web page (with the authors
permission) at http://www.tricity.wsu.edu/htmls/hodges or at
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/4984

Tom

On  6 Nov 97 at 6:26, White, Jeffrey wrote:

> The DSSAT User Interface - A Survey
>
> Most computer users now expect software to have a graphical user
> interface (GUI).  The DSSAT shell and various tools within DSSAT will
> have to evolve to meet this expectation.  To guide future development of
> DSSAT, we have prepared this short survey to solicit user input.  Please
> take the time to fill it in.  We are particularly interested in
> comments.
>

> 5.  CAN YOU SUGGEST OTHER CROP MODEL OR SIMILAR INTERFACES THAT WOULD
> PROVIDE USEFUL INSIGHTS INTO DESIGN OF THE DSSAT GUI:
Tom Hodges, Cropping Systems Analyst
3030 W 4th Ave, #27
Kennewick, WA 99336, USA
Voice: 509-783-3792, FAX: 509-786-9370