DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:20:54 -0400
Dear DSSAT users :

The models included in DSSAT v3.0 and v3.5 simulate the direct effect of CO2
on photosynthesis and evapotranspiration rates.  In DSSAT v3.5  all direct
effects are defined in the crop species file, which is a new addition for
the CERES and some of the other models.

ASA Special Publication number 59, Climate Change and Agriculture, Analysis
of Potential International Impacts, includes many global climate change
applications of the DSSAT models.  The DSSAT models were especially adapted
to handle the direct effect of CO2 on photosynthesis and evapotranspiration
for those applications.

Contact [log in to unmask] directly if you would like to receive the latest
DSSAT v3.5 upgrade.

Gerrit Hoogenboom

At 10:33 AM 9/22/98 +0200, Arantxa Guereqa Tomas wrote:
>Dear DSSAT users,
>
>Does anyone know how the last version of DSSAT simulates the direct effect
>of CO2 on photosynthesis and evapotranspiration rates?
>
>We are still using DSSAT V. 3.1 and we would like to know if there has been
>any modification in the coefficientrs that affect photosynthesis and
>stomatal resistance  (Allen et al., 1987) in the new version.
>
>May be this question has been reported anywhere. Please if anybody knows the
>reference, make us know it.
>
>Many thanks in advance.
>
>Arantxa Guerena
>Arantxa Gueren/a Tomas
>Dpto. de Produccion Vegetal: Fitotecnia
>E.T.S.I. Agronomos. Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
>Avda. Complutense, s/n
>E-28040 Madrid. Spain
>Tlf.: (34) 91  549 11 22
>Fax:  (34) 91 544 99 83
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Gerrit Hoogenboom
Associate Professor
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
The University of Georgia
Griffin, Georgia 30223-1797, USA

Phone:  770-229-3438 (New !)
Fax:    770-228-7218