DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Brian Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 09:47:15 -0400
Kashyap,

There are two ways to enter irrigation information into a DSSAT model.

1) You specify exact dates and amounts of irrigations.  This is very useful
if you want to compare the model's simulations to measured field experiments.

2) You can set triggering soil moisture (and the depth of soil to look at)
and the amount of irrigation water.  If you play with these numbers a bit
you may be able to get the model to produce the irrigation intervals you
need to test the rest of the model.

Brian

At 12:30 PM 9/7/2000 +0530, you wrote:
>Dear users
>
>I have conducted experiments on potato crop. I have irrigated the crop
>such that it should not have stress more than 10% of the available
>moisture. In this case my irrigation intervals range between 3-days to
>7-days depending upon the weather conditions.I want to compare the water
>balance component of DSSATv3.5 and measured. I have the data for the
>measured water balance components (irrigation, precipitation, drainage,
>soil moisture storage and ET). Balancing from measured data, I would
>consider intervals between two consecutive irrigations like 1-7 days, 8-12
>days, 13-18 days and so on. Since these intervals are not regular, I would
>like to know whether the model can give the balance based on my intervals?

Brian Baer                           [log in to unmask]
CSS Dept, Michigan State University  (517) 353-8537 (voice)
574 Plant and Soil Science Building  (517) 353-8538 (fax)
East Lansing, MI  48824-1325         http://nowlin.css.msu.edu