DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Andrew Challinor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Challinor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:45:55 +0100
Hi,

I have a general question (or two!) for the list on the above subject:

In the abscence of field measurements, how is SWCON determined in the
DSSAT drainage equation? Ritchie and Crum (1989) list SWCON for
generalised Permeability classes. Is there something more specific? It
seems to me that the equation will give different results for different
soil layer thicknesses (the cascade taking longer for thinner layers). Is
this effect accounted for explicitly anywhere?

I also have a specific question for Ayman Suleiman:

F*C in your drainage equation seem equivalent to SWCON. How are your
constants determined? Could you possibly send me some relevant papers of
yours? It would be greately appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew

________________________________
Andrew Challinor,