DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Sridhar Gummadi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 12:03:34 +0530
Dear All,

   While assessing the impact of climate change on agricultural crops in
India conditions, I am using PRECIS (RCM) data. My question is whether
the CO2 ppm should be changed to 550 ppm or it should be kept at 350
ppm. When I am trying to assess the impact of climate change in A2 and
B2 scenarios with CO2 at 550 ppm, I found that yields are increasing
even though temperatures are raising by 4-5 oC. Can anyone let me know,
whether we have to change CO2 ppm or not in assessing climate change
impact on agricultural crops.

Regards,

Sridhar Gummadi
Sr.Engg GIS,