DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Constanze Böhmel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:16:45 +0200
Hello,

I am about to model maize yields in Southern Germany. Unfortunately the
available weather data contains only sunshinehours. Although the weatherman
in DSSAT v4.0.2.0 converts sunshinehours into solar radiation, the result is
not satisfying at all. The calculated values for the solar radiation are too
low.
My questions are if you can tell me, how the weahterman converts the
sunshinehours into solar radiation and which experiences you have made with
this function.

Constanze Böhmel

Constanze Böhmel

University of Hohenheim
Institute for Crop Production and Grassland Research
Fruwirthstraße 23

70599 Stuttgart, Germany

Tel.: ++49 711-459 22380

Fax: ++49 711-459 22297