DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:49:43 -0500
! Coefficients used in the Cropsim-Ceres model differ from those used
! in DSSAT Version 3.5. They can be calculated (approximately) from
! V3.5 coefficients as follows:

! P1V   = P1V(v3.5)*10
! P1D   = P1D(V3.5)*20
! P5    = P5(V3.5)*20 + 430
! G1    = G1(V3.5)*5 + 5
! G2    = (G2(V3.5)*0.35+0.65) * P5/20
! G3    = G3(V3.5)*0.7
! PHINT = PHINT(V3.5)

! Translated coefficients should be first used with ecotype coefficients
! (especially for phenology) that approximate those embedded in the code
! of the 3.5 model. Ecotypes DS35xx (where xx indicates the value used for
! phint),which have phenology coefficients comparable to those used in
! DSSAT3.5,are presented in the ecotype file.

! Converted coefficients,and those listed below,should always be
! tested by using them with real experiments and comparing model
! outputs with measured values.