DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Izzi, Gabriella (NRLW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Izzi, Gabriella (NRLW)
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:32:20 +0100
Dear All,

in case you are interested in computing ETo using the FAO-56 methodology
(also in case of missing data), I would like to let you know that FAO
recently released a software, called ETo Calculator, having this precise
objective. ETo Calculator Software and Reference Manual can be freely
downloaded at:

http://www.fao.org/nr/water/eto.html

The ETo Calculator can handle daily, ten-day and monthly climatic data. The
data can be given in a wide variety of units and data specified in commonly
used climatic parameters can be processed. When data for some weather
variables are missing, procedures are used for their estimation. Even where
the dataset contains only maximum and minimum air temperature, it is still
possible to obtain reasonable estimates for ten-day or monthly ETo.

Regards,

Gabriella Izzi

Gabriella Izzi, PhD
Crop Water Productivity Programme
Water Development and Management Unit
Land and Water Division
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, 00153 Rome (Italy)
office   B727
tel.     (+39) 06 570 55605