DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Kleinwechter, Ulrich (CIP)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2012 09:12:34 -0500
Dear all,

I wondered a little bit about the best way to introduce multiple
variants of simulation controls in a File X. Suppose, we have two
treatments. Each treatment is to be simulated with slightly different
simulation controls. The way I've found this to be introduced into the
File X looks something like this:

@N GENERAL     NYERS NREPS START SDATE RSEED SNAME....................
SMODEL

1 GE              1     1     S 04061  2150 2004-1 DEFAULT

@N OPTIONS     WATER NITRO SYMBI PHOSP POTAS DISES  CHEM  TILL   CO2

[...]

@N GENERAL     NYERS NREPS START SDATE RSEED SNAME....................
SMODEL

2 GE              1     1     S 04245  2150 2004-2 DEFAULT

@N OPTIONS     WATER NITRO SYMBI PHOSP POTAS DISES  CHEM  TILL   CO2

[...]

I.e. the headers are repeated for each treatment.

A possibility to arrange everything more clearly would be to put all
treatments under a single header:

@N GENERAL     NYERS NREPS START SDATE RSEED SNAME....................
SMODEL

1 GE              1     1     S 04061  2150 2004-1 DEFAULT

2 GE              1     1     S 04245  2150 2004-2 DEFAULT

@N OPTIONS     WATER NITRO SYMBI PHOSP POTAS DISES  CHEM  TILL   CO2

[...]

In that case, however, DSSAT gives an error message

IPSIM   YEAR DOY =    0   0

Invalid format in file.

 File: CIKABCHK.PTX

    Line:   107

    Error key: IPSIM

 Simulations terminated.

This points me to one of the three problems

IPSIM 1     Simulation control section not found. Please add to input
file.

IPSIM 2     Incorrect number of lines in simulation control section.
Check format.

IPSIM 3     Impossible combination--for MEEVP='Z', MEPHO must be 'L'.

DSSAT seems to have a problem with multiple lines under each header of
the simulations control section. I wonder whether there is any reason
why one cannot summarize all versions of the simulation control under
single headers. It works flawlessly for all other sections of the File
X.

Being able to write multiple lines under a single header would greatly
facilitate the work with the File X.

Thank you very much for your support,

Ulrich

Ulrich Kleinwechter I Agricultural Economist
Social and Health Sciences Program

International Potato Center