DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Edward M. Barnes" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 14:00:20 -0700
I am trying to relate the growth stages in CERES-Wheat to Zadoks' scale, but I can't decide where the end of CERES-Wheat stage 2 and beginning of stage 3 should fall.  I'm no expert in this, so my best guesses for the other stages may not be very good either.

CERES           Description                                     Zadoks?
1       Emergence to terminal spiklet initiation                        10 to ?
2       Terminal spiklet to end of leaf growth                  ? to 42
3       End of leaf growth to end of preanthesis
                ear growth                                      43 to 59?
4       End of preanthesis ear growth to
                beginning of grain filling                              60 to 69
5       Grain filling                                           70 to 89
6       End of grain filling to harvest                         >90

Any suggestions or other guesses are appreciated.  If someone has figured this out for the Haun or Feekes scale, that would work as well.

Thanks,
Ed Barnes

Edward M. Barnes, Ph.D.             Phone: (602) 379-4356 x 268
Agricultural Engineer                 Fax: (602) 379-4355
USDA, ARS                           email: [log in to unmask]
U.S. Water Conservation Lab
4331 E. Broadway Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85040
http://www.uswcl.ars.ag.gov/