DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 13:37:37 -0400
Professor Donald and others:

DSSAT is distributed with example data sets for each crop based on real
experiments.  The data are part of the standard DSSAT at no extra
cost.  These examples include local management as well as soil and weather
data and observed growth, development and final yield information.  We are
currently in the process of developing an experimental data base as part of
the ICASA activities.  We are planning to make the data for different
crops/models available via the ICASA web site at www.ICASAnet.org.  Issues
that need to be resolved include data quality and credibility, ownership of
the data, and acknowledgment/recognition if data are being used in new
modeling publications.

Regards,

Gerrit