DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
mahdi delghandi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2012 18:06:33 +0430
Dear all

I am studying about climate change impacts on wheat production and
adaptation strategies using CERES-Wheat for 2015 until 2044 period. For
this purpose, I used seasonal analysis but I have two problems, which are
given below:

1st problem: To define for “CERES” that how much irrigation water is
applied in each growth stage? For example to define in FileX in emergence
stage when soil water content declined to 60% of total available water
(MAD=60), 20 mm irrigation is applied and similarly for other stages are
also used.

But I think that the “CERES” is not able to regulates irrigation schedules
with considering growth stages. What is your idea?  What is your opinion
about irrigation schedules when we run seasonal analysis?

2nd problem: I am going to enter concentration of [CO2] to CERES for future
period (2015 -2044) with regard to greenhouse gas emissions scenarios.
inasmuch as first column in environmental modification window (in Xbuild)
is date (with format mm/dd/yyyy) it makes users to enter specified date
(for example 11/20/2015). When we ran model in the seasonal scale, does
environmental modification applications (for example: 100 ppm added to base
CO2 concentration) apply for all range of period (2015 until 2014) or only
for 2015 and or only for 11/20/2015?

How about for other environmental modification columns (such as max and min
temperature, Humidity)?

Thank you

Mahdi

--