DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Nataraj subash <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nataraj subash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:39:44 -0000
Dear all

I would like to study the impact of climate change scenario in our
region using crop growth simulation models.  But most of the
simulation models (CERES, ORYZA etc) estimate phenology, yield and
yield attributes, with the assumption that suppose 1 degree
increase of mean temperature means it considers adding of 1 degree
increase of temperature to the normal temperature from sowing to
harvest period.  But as for as the global temperature is
concerned, this assumption is somewhat true.  For regional level,
there may be increase of temperature during the initial period of
the crop ie. during tillering period after that there may be
decrease.  In that case, I would like all your attention, what
will be the next step and also how this can be solved?

Thanks to all

With regards,

N. Subash
Scientist (Agricultural meteorology)
ICAR Research Complex for Eastern Region
WALMI Complex
Phulwari Shariff P.O.
Patna 801 505
Bihar
India
Email : [log in to unmask]

Odomos - the only  mosquito protection outside 4 walls -
Click here to know more!
http://r.rediff.com/r?http://clients.rediff.com/odomos/Odomos.htm&&odomos&&wn