DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
vasiraju murthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 22:10:59 +0530
Dear Members,

Regards and wishes,

I wish to inform that a teaching course entitled "AGRO-805--Micrometeorology
and Weather modification"was being offered by me at Ph.D level in my
University for the last 2 years.The weather modification part of the course
includes information to be covered  both at micro and  macro level.I was
directed by the concrened authorities to include "Cloud seeding/Artificial
Rain Making" as one big chapter in this course immediately covering a
minimum of 4-5 lectures.Also, in my State(A semi-arid region) at this very
moment it is felt that the cloud seeding is of great importance and has to
be practically conducted to benefit the farmers who are facing shortage of
irrigation water.So, my Head of the Department directed me to obtain some
success stories or  otherwise of Cloud Seeding/Artificial rain making in the
world.It is also requested to inform me the addresses of prominent
scientists /institutes which can be approached officially for technical
assistance to conduct the cloud seeding on large scale.

I am sending the same request to INSAM ,DSSAT members as well.

Thanks in advance.

Dr.V.Radha Krishna Murthy B.Sc(Agri),M.Sc(Ag.Met),Ph.D(Agron),PGDES,
Associate Professor ,Acharya N.G.Ranga Agricultural University,
College of Agriculture,Rajendranagar,Hyderabad,A.P., India,500 030.

Get Best prices on your products. http://go.msnserver.com/IN/48714.asp
Register for Free on baazee.com.