DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Juan Pablo Monzon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:37:24 -0700
 My name is Juan and I am trying to simulate the performances of a wheat/soybean intercrop.  The design of the intercrop (or relay intercrop) is 3:1 and has a distance of 75cm, I have 3 rows of wheat to 17,5cm of distance and 1 row of soy to 17,5cm of distance from the rows of wheat and again the same design.  The soy is sown 30 days before the harvest of the wheat.  Because of the design, the wheat fails to capture the totality of the radiation and the soy grows inside the wheat during 25-30 days until the wheat harvest and during this period the
soy receives less radiation than the one that would receive it if sown alone.
Any idea for this simulation is welcome.
Greetings Juan Pablo Monzon