DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Baigorria,Guillermo A" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Baigorria,Guillermo A
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 21:18:08 -0400
Raul,

I've been working for several years in these problems, so if you want you can contact me directly ([log in to unmask]). On the other hand, if you are working with weather generators, you have to take into account to mantain not only the temporal but also the spatial structure of your data. Poin-weather generators can lead to several problems since they do not respect the spatial correlations among weather stations or grid-cells. We have a new geospatial weather generator that preserve the spatial and temporal structure of rainfall, maximum and minimum temperatures, and also include the covariances between maximum temperature and precipitation. We have a software that we will be available soon, and a paper that was already submitted for potential publicacion. This is the perfect tool for what you are trying to do in climate variability and climate change to forecast crop yields among other variables.

Regards,

Guillermo Baigorria
University of Florida
Agricultural and Biologial Engineering Dpt.
http://plaza.ufl.edu/gbaigorr/GB/