DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:02:44 -0400
Dr. Schneider :

The current DSSAT v3.0 system includes one forage grass model that simulates
bahia grass.  The model is actually based on CROPGRO and not on CERES.  We
currently have a small grant from ILRI, Kenya, to adapt the forage model for
other species.

Gerrit

At 02:13 PM 9/29/97 +0000, Dr.Karl Schneider wrote:
>Hi,
>I am working on incorporating CERES Models into a GIS based landscape
>model for evaporation and plant growth modelling. Since major
>portions of my testsite is grassland, I would like to adapt CERES
>wheat / barley to model the growth of meadows / grasslands.
>Does anybody already have some experience in modelling grassland or
>in adapting CERES for modelling grass growth?
>I would also be interested in learning if dedicated models to
>simulate grass growth are available somewhere?
>Thanks very much in advance
>Karl
>
>Dr. K. Schneider
>Institute for Geography
>University of Munich
>Luisenstr. 37
>D-80333 Munich / Germany
>Tel: +49 89 5203 371
>Fax: +49 89 5203 321
>E-mail : [log in to unmask]

Gerrit Hoogenboom
Associate Professor
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
The University of Georgia
Griffin, Georgia 30223-1797, USA

Phone:  770-229-3438 (New !)
Fax:    770-228-7218