DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Camilo Andrade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:17:32 -0400
Dear Members:

I would like to know if DSSAT has modules that deals with water and
solute transport in the soil. We are starting a research project on
which we are going to test one or more models for one dimensional water
and solute transport. Initially, we are thinking on look at potassium,
nitrate (or amonium) leaching, in addition to water percolation, and
maybe one or two organic compound such as an herbicide and insecticide.
I am aware of other specific models for solute transport but DASSAT is
quite important for us since some of my collegues have been using it for
crop growth modeling for risk and crop zoning studies. I am interested
on the CERES-MAIZE and maybe on the DRY BEANS modules.
Any comments are welcome.
Regards,

Camilo Andrade
Irrigation Eng., PhD