DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:01:47 -0400
The International Consortium for Agricultural Systems Applications (ICASA)
is organizing an Open Forum on Crop Modeling and Decision Support Systems
during the ASA-CSSA-SSSA Annual Meetings next week in Baltimore, Maryland.
The meeting will be held on Monday night, October 19, from 7.30 pm - 9.00 pm
in room 318 of the Baltimore Convention Center.  Everyone is invited to
attend and actively participate in the discussion.  This is an informal
meeting to exchange information on crop modeling and decision support systems.

Moderators : White and Hoogenboom
Tentative Agenda

1.  Summary of ICASA activities (past and future) (Bouma and Jones)
2.  ICASA Network (Jones)
3.  ICASA workshops (Booltink, Caldwell, Hoogenboom, others)
4.  ICASA data standards (Jones, Hunt)
5.  Status of DSSAT and future plans (Hoogenboom)
6.  Status of Wageningen Agric. Univ tools and future plans (Kropff, Bouman,
Booltink)
7.  Status of APSRU tools and future plans (Keating, Hammer)
8.  Model quality and performance, what's wrong with our current models
(follow up discussion
     of e-mail messages exchanged on the DSSAT and AGMODELS listservers)
9.  Open forum for exchange of information
10. Other agenda items

For questions or suggestions, please contact me at

Gerrit Hoogenboom

Gerrit Hoogenboom
Associate Professor
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
The University of Georgia
Griffin, Georgia 30223-1797, USA

Phone:  770-229-3438 (New !)
Fax:    770-228-7218