DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Brian Baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:30:34 -0500
Dear Bipin Kumar Pathak,

There a number of things that could cause this problem (the water balance
switch could be turned off, the dates for irrigation applications could
have been entered incorrectly, etc.).  Perhaps if you posted your .RIX file
to the list it would be easier to make a guess at the problem.

Brian

At 04:25 PM 10/29/2001 +0700, you wrote:
>Dear Respected sir / friends
>
>I am a Master student in the field of Integrated Water Resources
>Management with specialization water supply and drainage engg.at Asian
>Institute of Technology, Thailand. I am doing thesis on nitrate leaching
>from tropical paddy field in Thailand. I want to use DSSAT3.5 models,for
>rice (Suphanburi1) crop, to calculate nitrate leaching from paddy field. I
>made the experiment file , soil file and weather file in DSSAT3.5 model. I
>input all  measured data including irrigation date , method(IR003 = flood
>in mm), and amount.  I could success to do simulation.But in the output
>file , the cumulative irrigation and flooding depth is zero, in reality
>which can't exist. I want know that how can I solve this problem.

Brian Baer                           [log in to unmask]
CSS Dept, Michigan State University  (517) 353-3953 (voice)
364 Plant and Soil Science Building  (517) 355-0270 (fax)
East Lansing, MI  48824-1325         http://nowlin.css.msu.edu