DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Vinay Sehgal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 21:57:53 -0800
Hi Derek

Though I have not experimented with CERES-Wheat model
but I have some experience on changing initial LAI in
another Wheat Model WTGROWS which is also a production
level 3 model (Simulate Pot Prod, Water and N stress)
and very similar to CERES-WHEAT. In that model when
simulating potential production or only water
stress,the change in Initial LAI caused model growth
curve go up and down only. But when water and N stress
was simulated besides growth curve going up and down,
their was change in magnitude. I could infer that the
change in magnitude happened due to complex feedback
mechanism of N stress affecting crop phenology.Hope
this experience may help you in your research with
CERES-Wheat.

Dr V.K. Sehgal
Crop Inventory & Modelling Division
Space Applications Centre