DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Dharam Dabas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:02:49 +0500
Dear friends,

My thank to Saseendaran for his response. I restate my question
on "irrigation Management, Code" once again for the shake of clarity
and for correct response.

In the X_Create in the menu "Management|Irrigation|Irrigation
Information|Irrigation Dates|Irrigation Layer Data" there are following
four fields:

----Field-------            -Code-
Appl. Date(DD/MM/YY)  ----   IDATE
Irr.Operation, Code   ----   IROP
Amount                ----   IRVAL
Irr. Management, Code ----   IIRV

My query is
(1) what does the " Irrigation Management, Code (IIRV)" means,
(2) what are its codes and
(3) how these affects the irrigation or water balance in the simulation?

I could not get its values by the use of F2 key, or in the Codes Menu
(Data|Background|Codes|experiment) or in the DSSAT manual. I hope
people at ICASA are listening.

The codes at p85, Vol.2 of DSSAT v3, manuals as given by Saseendaran
are for the field "Irr. Operation, Code" and not for the field "Irr.
Management, Code". My query was regarding the later field.

With thanks and regards,

Dharam Singh Dabas
CCS Haryana Agricultural University,
Hisar 125004 India