DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Dharam Singh Dabas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:49:40 +0500
Dear Larrauri,

I feel that the model should be calibrated with the detailed and most
reliable, if possible with multi-season and multi-location (varying in
latitude) data. As far as I understand the multitrial may be treated as
replications, if these do not vary in latitude of site or date of
sowing. Also the crop should not have experienced the water r

For validation one should use (of course reliable) but much less
detailed data. One can take anthesis and maturity dates with yield of
main product or both the main and byproduct data from several locations
varying in productivity situations, including those experiencing
usually occuring stresses. Data from cultivators field should be
sufficient. In principle the data used in calibration should not be
used for validation or should not be held back for use in
validation.Hope it will help.

Best regards,

Dr Dharam Singh Dabas
CCS Haryana Agricultural University,