DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"RUANE, ALEXANDER C. (GISS-6110)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:27:07 -0600
Dear DSSAT crop modelers,

The Agricultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (AgMIP) is pleased to announce the launch of the Coordinated Climate-Crop Modeling Project (C3MP; www.agmip.org/c3mp).  C3MP aims to mobilize international crop modelers for a coordinated investigation of climate vulnerability and climate change impacts on agriculture.

We invite you to participate in C3MP by contributing outputs from crop model simulations that utilize your existing site-calibrated crop model experiments and a set of 99 sensitivity tests provided by the C3MP Coordination team at the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies. A Flyer describing the project and the C3MP Protocols describing the step-by-step C3MP activities for each participating crop model experiment site may be found at www.agmip.org/c3mp-downloads).

We believe that C3MP is a tremendous opportunity to improve connections in the international crop modeling community and advance toward AgMIP model intercomparison and climate impact assessment goals. DSSAT modelers are simulating some of the most fascinating cropping systems in the world, and we hope that the DSSAT community will be well represented.  Although C3MP welcomes all process-based crop model contributions, it's design is particularly suited to make use of DSSAT's environmental modifications options which will facilitate your contributions (an example .X file is available at www.agmip.org/c3mp-downloads).

We would appreciate it if you could pass this announcement along to your colleagues, as well. To learn more and register your participation, please visit www.agmip.org/c3mp or contact Alex Ruane, Sonali McDermid and Cynthia Rosenzweig at [log in to unmask]

We look forward to working with you to make C3MP a success!

     Sincerely,
         The C3MP Coordination Team

ps - apologies for any cross-posts!

--